logo 2013

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2013 - 19.28 luglio

Sezioni e Film

A HORSE ON THE BALCONY

Category: Edizione 2013

Synopsis

10-year-old Mika has a mild form of autism which makes it hard for him to connect with other people but gives him a great maths talent. One winter’s night Mika hears a neighing sound and spots a horse on the balcony of the apartment next door. On his mission to solve the mystery, he teams up with Dana, a spirited girl who likes pretending to be an Indian princess. It turns out that their new neighbour Sascha, a former mathematician and hapless gambler, has won the horse in a lottery and is eager to sell it to pay off his debts. Mika instantly connects with the animal and lends a helping hand to Sascha. They discover that the horse was once a racehorse called Bucephalus. Although the horse is no longer able to race, he would make a perfect companion for Mika. Alas Mika and his single mum, Lara, cannot afford a horse. The slaughterhouse seems the last resort, but Mika and Dana will try to save Bucephalus.

Sinossi

Mika, 10 anni, è affetto da una lieve forma di autismo che gli rende difficile comunicare con gli altri, ma che gli dona un grande talento matematico. Una notte d’inverno, Mika ode un nitrito, e sul balcone dell’appartamento accanto vede un cavallo. Per risolvere il mistero, si allea con Dana, una vivace ragazza che ama fingersi una principessa indiana, e viene a sapere che il cavallo è stato vinto a una lotteria da un nuovo vicino, Sascha, ex matematico e giocatore d’azzardo, che vuole venderlo per pagarsi i debiti. Mika si affeziona all’animale e si offre di aiutare Sascha a occuparsene. I due scoprono che il cavallo era un purosangue di nome Bucephalus. Sebbene non possa più correre, l’animale sarebbe un compagno perfetto per Mika. Ma il ragazzo e la sua mamma single, Lara, non possono permettersi un cavallo. Bucephalus sembra destinato al mattatoio, ma Mika e Dana cercheranno in tutti i modi di salvarlo.

Titolo Originale DAS PFERD AUF DEM BALKON
Categoria In concorso
Sezione Elements +6
Tipologia Lungometraggio
Anno di Produzione 2012
Durata 90’
Nazionalità Austria
Regia di Hüseyin Tabak
Sceneggiatura Milan Dor
Tratto dal libro ""
di Milo Dor
Fotografia Peter von Haller
Montaggio Fabian Rüdisser
Scenografia Julia Oberndorfinger, Atilla Plangger
Costumi Monika Buttinger
Suono Heinz K. Ebner
Interpreti principali Enzo Gaier (Mika)
Nataša Paunović (Dana)
Nora Tschirner
Andreas Kiendl
Bibiana Zeller
Alexander Fennon
Prodotto da Katja Dor-Helmer

DW 111003-076 MinifilmHüseyin Tabak
Born 1981. He started out in the film industry in 2003 in Hamburg, working his way up to assistant director over the course of 20 feature films. During this period he made a dozen short films. From 2006 to 2012, he studied directing and scriptwriting at the Vienna Film Academy under Michael Haneke. He completed his studies with the full-length film YOUR BEAUTY IS WORTH NOTHING (DEINE SCHÖNHEIT IST NICHTS WERT, 2012).

Hüseyin Tabak
Nato nel 1981. Nel 2003, ad Amburgo, inizia la sua carriera nel mondo del cinema: lavora come assistente alla regia per più di 20 lungometraggi, e intanto realizza una decina di cortometraggi. Dal 2006 al 2012 studia regia e sceneggiatura all’Accademia del Cinema di Vienna, con insegnanti come Michael Haneke. Si è diplomato con il lungometraggio YOUR BEAUTY IS WORTH NOTHING (DEINE SCHÖNHEIT IST NICHTS WERT, 2012).

Director’s statement
“I hope children will still enjoy watching this film when they grow up, and that each time they’ll discover something new for themselves in the story. It’s a film that doesn’t rely on slapstick, or the tension as you wait for a huge, expensive explosion that is forgotten one scene later. But it’s also a film where adults who accompany kids to the cinema don’t have to sit round feeling bored and becoming engrossed in their cell phones. It’s a film that provides a lot of fun and encourages children to ask questions, and grown-ups have to think pretty carefully before they give the answers to those questions. It’s intended to prompt children to be interested in subjects that aren’t exactly everyday matters, so for a change they have the opportunity to expand their horizons”.

Dichiarazioni del regista
“Spero che i bambini potranno apprezzare questo film anche quando cresceranno, e che a ogni visione potranno scoprire nella storia qualcosa di nuovo. È un film che non si basa sulla comicità slapstick, o sull’ansiosa attesa di una enorme, costosa esplosione che una scena dopo è già dimenticata. Ma è anche un film dinanzi al quale gli adulti che accompagnano i bambini al cinema non devono annoiarsi e rifugiarsi nei loro telefonini. È un film che offre tanto divertimento, spingendo i bambini a fare domande, e gli adulti a riflettere molto attentamente prima di rispondere. È un film che tenta di accendere l’interesse dei bambini per temi che non riguardano strettamente la vita di tutti i giorni, cosicché per una volta abbiano l’opportunità di allargare i loro orizzonti”.