logo 2017

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2017 - 14.22 JULY

Sections & Films

DESPICABLE ME 3

Category: Edition 2017

Synopsis
The team who brought you Despicable Me and the biggest animated hits of 2013 and 2015, Despicable Me 2 and Minions, returns to continue the adventures of Gru, Lucy, their adorable daughters —Margo, Edith and Agnes— and the Minions. Despicable Me 3, directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, co-directed by Eric Guillon and written by Cinco Paul & Ken Daurio, will be released in theaters on summer 2017. The animated film is produced by Illumination’s Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy, and executive produced by Chris Renaud. Joining Steve Carell and Kristen Wiig in Despicable Me 3 is Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park and the Broadway smash The Book of Mormon. Parker voices the role of villain Balthazar Bratt, a former child star who’s grown up to become obsessed with the character he played in the ‘80s, and proves to be Gru’s most formidable nemesis to date.

Original Title Despicable me 3
Italian Title Cattivissimo Me 3
Category Out of competition
Section Premiere
Tipology Animation, Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2017
Nationality USA
Directed by Pierre Coffin, Kyle Balda
Co-directors Eric Guillon
Screenplay Cinco Paul, Ken Daurio
Editor Claire Dodgson
Original music Pharrell Williams
Music Heitor Pereira
Original Voices Steve Carell (Gru)
Kristen Wiig (Lucy)
Trey Parker (Balthazar)
Miranda Cosgrove (Margo)
Dana Gaier (Edith)
Nev Scharrel (Agnes)
Steve Coogan (Silas)
Jenny Slate (Valerie Da Vinci)
Julie Andrews (Gru's mother)
Italian Voices Max Giusti (Gru/Dru)
Arisa (Lucy)
Paolo Ruffini (Balthazar)
Produced by Chris Meledandri, Janet Healy
Executive producer Chris Renaud
Trailer oagwBHoh6Rs

--- regista --- pierre coffinPierre Coffin
The director began his film career studying cinema at the Paris-Sorbonne University. In 1996, he began working at Ex Machina, where he became head of animation. He next joined Wanda Productions and then Passion Pictures as an animation director. Coffin also directed animation for the award-winning 3D ride Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, which opened at Universal Studios Orlando in July 2012 and at Universal Studios Hollywood in April 2014. Academy Award®-nominated PIERRE COFFIN rejoins his fellow Minions director, Kyle Balda, to direct DESPICABLE ME 3. For the film, Coffin is also joined by his longtime collaborator, executive producer Chris Renaud, with whom he directed 2010’s DESPICABLE ME and 2013’s DESPICABLE ME 2.

--- regista --- kyle baldaKyle Balda
Balda has been working professionally in feature animation for the past two decades. He began his career studying traditional animation at California Institute of the Arts in 1991 and continued his training with LucasArts and Pacific Data Images. In 1993, Balda joined the crew of Industrial Light & Magic, contributing to such films as THE MASK and MARS ATTACKS! and serving as animation supervisor on JUMANJI. After working as animator on Peter Jackson’s THE FRIGHTENERS at Weta Digital in New Zealand, Balda returned to California to work at Pixar Animation Studios as an animator on A BUG’S LIFE and MONSTERS, INC. and as directing animator on TOY STORY 2. Alongside Chris Renaud, Balda co-directed DR. SEUSS’ THE LORAX. Balda has also directed numerous Dr. Seuss and Minions shorts for Illumination.

production
Illumination Entertainment
(USA)

world sales
Universal Pictures
(USA)

italian distribution
Universal Pictures International Italy
(Italy)
www.universalpictures.it

All films in competition are in the original language with Italian subtitles except for +3 and +6 sections that has a live over-sound). Entrance to Elements and Generator screenings is free (subject to available seats) priority will be given to jurors, press and accredited audience.
Masterclass
meeting at the Sala De Sica and Antica Ramiera are for Masterclass jurors and press only.
Entrance to Parental Control
and Gex Doc sections is free up to capacity, Elements +6 and +10, press and accreditation have priority.
Entrance to Wizard Nights
and Fright Nights films is free up to capacity.