logo 2014

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2014 - 18.27 July

Sections & Films

THREE MINUTES

Category: Edition 2014

Synopsis

THREE MINUTES revolves around the character of Antonio Fernández aka El Bigotes, an old Sevillian boxing trainer who has been rescuing boys from the streets for the past 30 years. Antonio opens the door of his gym to anyone to that life, society, law, or even the family has denied a second chance. Through the cases of three young people who have a lot in common, we find that Antonio is a key part of the life and social reintegration of these three guys. Where the educational system, social workers, psychiatric clinics, psychologists or judges only were problems, Antonio finds solutions. Three young people who, thanks to boxing, have overcome addictions and problems that almost led them to death. Antonio’s gym has become their other home, boxing a new air to breathe.

Original Title TRES MINUTOS
Category Official Competition
Section GEx Doc
Tipology Documentary, Feature Film
Duration 75'
Production Year 2013
Nationality Spain
Directed by Álvaro Torrellas
Screenplay Álvaro Torrellas
Director of photography Valentín Álvarez
Editor Celia Cervero
Sound José Antonio Manovel, Carlos Pérez
Main cast Antonio Fernández "El Bigotes"
José Manuel Pacheco Navarro “El Kaka”
Mariano Romero Dellia-Pasqua “El Mesias”
David Marquez Lara “El Torero”
Produced by Álvaro Torrellas

Álvaro TorrellasÁlvaro Torrellas

Born 1979, Santander (Spain). He left Santander at the age of fifteen for Orange, Massachusetts (USA), where he graduated in 1998 at the Ralph C. Mahar High School. In 1999 he began studying journalism at the San Pablo CEU University in Madrid. In his fourth college year, he studied at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich (Germany). The year after, in 2004, he returned to Madrid to obtain his journalism degree. From 2004 to 2005 he combined a Master’s degree in Production with film, publicity and television production jobs. In 2011 he created his own production company, La Fábrika Films. THREE MINUTES is his first feature film as a director.

Director’s statement

“Stories. Good stories. And the characters that are their vehicle. That is what every producer and every director are always looking for. In January of 2010, I started to box in the gym of Marquitos, the son of Antonio’s. A week later, I met El Bigotes. At that moment I found one of those stories and one of those characters. A few moments after I met him, I realized he is a special person. One of those persons who look in your eyes with their truth and their philosophy. In his gym, he teaches you how to box, but also respect, trust and cooperation. Bigotes was able to create a place where everyone feels part of a family, of a home. A place where you are treated like a boxer, and where you are never judged or classified for any reason”.
“My aim with THREE MINUTES is to show the particular philosophy of Antonio and the heart of his gym. A true model of equality, understanding and respect. And to show how his whole family is embarking on the struggle to help the others with this sport”.

produzione/production

La Fábrika Films
C/Pilar Bardem 8, 7ºC, 41013, Seville - Spain
phone + 34 954099388
mobile + 34 620946747
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.lafabrikafilms.com

distribuzione internazionale/world sales

Eye on Films
9 rue Bleue, 75009 Paris - France
phone +33 153950464
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.eyeonfilms.org