logo 2014

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2014 - 18.27 July

Sections & Films

THE FORT

Category: Edition 2014

Synopsis

Coping with the recent death of his father, Chinu, an eleven-year-old boy, moves to a small Konkan town from a big city because of his mother’s job. He finds it difficult to adjust to the new place and finds himself alienated and reluctant to open up to its people. Both Chinu and his mother grapple with their own individual struggles and anxieties in the new town. In the process, they emerge with newer experiences and as newer people, both healed and enriched.

Original Title KILLA
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +10
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 105’
Production Year 2014
Nationality India
Directed by Avinash Arun
Screenplay Tushar Paranjpe
Director of photography Avinash Arun
Editor Charu Shree Roy
Production Design Prashant Bidkar
Costume Design Sachin Lovalekar
Sound Mohandas V P
Music Naren Chandavarkar, Benedict Taylor
Main cast Amruta Subhash (Aruna Kale)
Archit Devadhar (Chinmay Kale)
Parth Bhalerao (Bandiya)
Gaurish Gawade (Yuvraj)
Swandand Raikar (Umesh)
Atharva Upasni (Omkar)
Produced by Madhukar R. Musle, Ajay G. Rai, Alan McAlex

Avinash ArunAvinash Arun

Born in 1985, in Solapur (India). He studied at the Film and Television Institute of India, where he graduated in Cinematography in 2011. In 2010 he was director of photography on the short film THE LIGHT AND HER SHADOWS, directed by Andrea Iannetta. His diploma short film, ALLAH IS GREAT, directed by Andrea Iannetta, was the official India’s entry for the Student Oscars. THE FORT is his first feature film as a director and won the Crystal Bear for the Best Film awarded by the Children’s Jury in the Generation Kplus section at the Berlin Film Festival 2014.

Director’s statement

“In my childhood, I travelled quite a lot and quite frequently because my father had a transferable job. Every place was a new experience. People were different, the culture was unique. By the time I would settle down, make friends, familiarize myself with the place and its culture, it was time to move on. Those were difficult times and now when I look back, all the people and the experiences shaped my personality, it was about growing up and accepting. THE FORT (KILLA) is an attempt to cherish those moments. It's a film about my past, which has made my present”.

produzione/production

Jar Pictures
41 Aram Nagar Part 2, Versova - Yari Road, Mumbai 400 061 - India
phone +91 982 1271444
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.jarpictures.com

--

M R Filmworks
Mumbai, India
phone +91 9 930610770

festival contact

3 Monkeys

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.