logo 2013

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2013 - 19.28 July

Sections & Films

THE PIECES OF ME

Category: Edition 2013

Synopsis
A dreamer of a father who’s old before his years, a sick, tyrannical mother, a sister who disappeared four years ago, and Erell, 17 year-old, who films everything all the time… A fine family portrait. Erell has lived in the same working-class town forever. You’re born here and die here. And between the two, there’s nothing to do but hang around with her buddies, Gabin, Javier and Fingers. One night, Erell’s sister, Sarah, reappears. The pieces of Erell come together again…

Sinossi
Un padre sognatore e lunatico invecchiato prima del tempo, una madre malata e dispotica, una sorella scomparsa da quattro anni, e la diciassettenne Erell, la quale, con la sua telecamera, riprende tutto e tutti, continuamente… Insomma, un singolare ritratto di famiglia. Erell ha vissuto sempre nella stessa cittadina industriale, abitata da persone che nascono e muoiono lì, e tra le due cose, tra i due estremi, per Erell non c’è nient’altro da fare se non andare a zonzo con i suoi amici, Gabin, Javier e Le Majeur (Fingers). Una notte, la sorella di Erell, Sarah, ricompare, e i pezzi sparsi di Erell si ricompongono…

Original Title DES MORCEAUX DE MOI
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +16
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 89’
Production Year 2012
Nationality France
Directed by Nolwenn Lemesle
Screenplay Nolwenn Lemesle
Director of photography David Ungaro
Editor Louise Decelle
Production Design Valérie Elder Fontaine
Costume Design Chattoune
Sound Jérôme Pougnant, Sébastien Savine, François Méreu
Music Troy Von Balthazar, Ronan Maillard
Main cast Adèle Exarchopoulos (Erell)
Zabou Breitman (Christine)
Tchéky Karyo (Edern)
Adélaïde Leroux (Sarah)
Martin Pautard (Antoine)
Bruno Lochet (Bob)
Produced by Christophe Bichot

Pieces-of-me photo-Nolwenn-lemesleNolwenn Lemesle
Born 1978, Rennes (France). After a Master in Screenwriting, she won the SIRAR (Site Régional d’Aide à la Réalisation) award for best screenplay at the Aubagne International Film Festival. This award allowed her to make her first short film, POIDS PLUME (2005). In 2007 she shot her second short film, SID. At the same time, she worked as a screenwriter for other directors. THE PIECES OF ME is her first feature film as a director.

Nolwenn Lemesle
Nata nel 1978 a Rennes, in Francia. Dopo un Master in Sceneggiatura, vince il premio SIRAR (Site Régional d’Aide à la Réalisation) per la sceneggiatura al Festival di Aubagne. Il premio le consente di dirigere il suo primo cortometraggio, POIDS PLUME (2005). Nel 2007 gira un altro corto, SID. Nel frattempo, lavora come sceneggiatrice per altri registi. THE PIECES OF ME è il suo primo lungometraggio da regista.

Director’s statement
“THE PIECES OF ME is first of all the portrait of a present-day teenager. A wild life force, with a rebellious side and a certain sensuality… Erell is 17 year-old. She films everything. All the time. Because she has no choice, and because filming is indispensable to life for her. This is what gives her way of being, sometimes insolent, rebellious, sometimes tender and funny. She lives a time when feelings are intensified and when you struggle in family ties, trying to blow the unsaid in order to grow. During a summer she assembles ‘the pieces of her’, guided by her third eye which doesn’t miss anything. A look at the world, without concessions and painted with irony”.

Dichiarazioni della regista
“THE PIECES OF ME è prima di tutto il ritratto di una adolescente di oggi. Una forza vitale selvaggia, con un lato ribelle e una certa sensualità… Erell ha 17 anni. Filma tutto. Continuamente. Perché non ha altra scelta, e perché filmare le è necessario per esistere. È ciò che le dona il suo modo di essere, alle volte sfrontato e riottoso, altre tenero e divertente. Si trova in un periodo della vita in cui i sentimenti sono intensificati, e in cui ci si dibatte tra i legami familiari, cercando di far esplodere il non detto, per poter crescere. Tempo un’estate, e lei mette insieme ‘i suoi pezzi’, guidata dal suo terzo occhio, a cui nulla sfugge. Uno sguardo sul mondo senza sconti e tinto d’ironia”.

produzione/production
Tokib Productions
4 Rue Lincoln, 75008 Paris - France
phone +33 142569292
fax +33 142569293
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.tokib.com
distribuzione internazionale/world sales
festival contact

Axxon Films
75 Rue De Lourmel, 75015 Paris - France
phone +33 677620152
fax +33 981213498
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.axxon-media.com