logo 2010

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2010 - 18.31 July

Sections & Films

GIOVANNI AND PAOLO AND THE PUPPETS’ MISTERY

Category: Edition 2010

Synopsis

In Palermo, during the 50s, two boys struggle to free the neighbourhood from the presence of an evil wizard who takes away the soul of people and turns them into the typical Sicilian puppets: the “pupi”. Children bear the names of Giovanni and Paolo, in honour of the judges Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, killed by the mafia, who in those years were really young friends in Palermo. The cartoon is dedicated to them. It is a fictional story, but well rooted in the values of dignity and courage that the two judges have testified with their lives.

Sinossi

Nella Palermo degli anni '50, due ragazzini lottano per liberare il quartiere dalla presenza di un Mago malvagio, che toglie l'anima alle persone e le trasforma in ''pupi''. I bambini portano i nomi di Giovanni e di Paolo, in omaggio a Giovanni Falcone e Paolo Borsellino, che in quegli anni erano davvero giovani e amici a Palermo. Il cartone animato è dedicato a loro: è una storia di fantasia, ma ben radicata nei valori di dignità e di coraggio che i due magistrati hanno testimoniato nella loro vita.

Original Title GIOVANNI E PAOLO E IL MISTERO DEI PUPI
Italian Title GIOVANNI E PAOLO E IL MISTERO DEI PUPI
Category Out of competition
Section Tributes
Tipology Animation, Short Film
Duration 26'
Production Year 2010
Nationality Italy
Directed by Rosalba Vitellaro
Screenplay Rosalba Vitellaro, Alessandra Viola, Valentina Mazzola
Script Rosalba Vitellaro, Alessandra Viola, Valentina Mazzola
Music Samples
Art Director Enrico Paolantonio

giovanni paolo and the puppets mistery regRosalba Vitellaro
Born 1962, Palermo (Italy). Author and director of animated documentaries and works. She co-founded with Alessandra Viola the production company Larcadarte. She directed BENEDETTA (2007), and co-directed along with Alessandra Viola PIETRAMARE (2009).

Rosalba Vitellaro
Nata nel 1962 a Palermo. Autrice e regista di documentari e opere in animazione. Con Alessandra Viola ha fondato il centro di produzione Larcadarte. Ha diretto BENEDETTA (2007), e ha co-diretto insieme ad Alessandra Viola PIETRAMARE (2009).

Production
Larcadarte

In collaboration with
Musicartoon

World sales
Festival contact
Rai Trade