GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2019 - 19.27 July

GIFFONI50 - 18.29 AUGUST / 26-30 DECEMBER

GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Archivio Film 2019

BERNI AND THE YOUNG PHARAOH

Category: Edition 2019

Synopsis
Ram, a boy of three thousand years, descendant of the powerful dynasty of Pharaoh Ramses, is catapulted into the chaotic contemporary world. A teenager who had been educated to be revered and to govern finds himself treated as a freak. Berenice - a young girl who always feels out of place - finds herself involved in a distant and mysterious Egyptian prophecy: with her blood, she awakens a mummy in the Egyptian museum of Turin. Together, the two teenagers will live an exciting adventure, full of fantastic elements and references to the history of ancient Egypt.

Original Title BERNI E IL GIOVANE FARAONE
Category Out of competition
Section Special Events
Tipology Feature Film, Special Event
Duration 89'
Production Year 2019
Nationality Italy
Directed by Marco Chiarini
Original Screenplay Nicola Alvau, Massimo Bacchini, Lorenza Cingoli, Martina Forti
Based on an idea by Lorenza Cingoli
Director of photography Gianni Chiarini
Editor Carlotta Cristiani
Production Design Giorgio Barullo
Costume Design Cristina Audisio
Sound Roberto Mozzarelli, Riccardo Milano
Music Francesco Foti e Max Moroldo, Baby Angel Music srl, 3Zero2tv Spa
Main cast Jacopo Barzaghi
Emily De Meyer
Angelo Raffaele Pisani
Silvia Giulia Mendola
Alessandra Faiella
Pierluigi Madaro
Riccardo Forte
With Gigio Alberti
Produced by Piero Crispino

regista Marco ChiariniMARCO CHIARINI
Marco was born in 1974. He graduated from the Experimental Center of Cinematography in Rome, where he attended Gianni Amelio and Daniele Segre’s lectures. He directed several documentaries whose subjects are closely linked to his home region: Abruzzo. He wrote and directed the feature film "The Thin Match Man" in 2009 for which he received a nomination for the David di Donatello as best new director in 2010.

Director's statement
"I worked to create the story I wanted to see when I was 8, with adventures, fear, kisses, exciting memories and puzzles to solve. In this film, the audience will find a real villain who is scary. All the artistic choices were guided by a deep and sincere respect for a very young audience. I wanted to deal with complex themes with great sincerity and passion, without any childish winks".

production
3zero2
(Italy)
www.3zero2tv.it

Italian distribution
The Walt Disney Company Italia S.r.l.
(Italy)www.disney.it

festival contact
The Walt Disney Company Italia
(Italy)
www.disney.it
-----