GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2019 - 19.27 July

GIFFONI50 - 18.29 AUGUST / 26-30 DECEMBER

GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Archivio Film 2019

MY NAME IS SARA

Category: Edition 2019

Synopsis
Based on the true-life story of a 13-year-old Polish Jew whose entire family was killed by Nazis in September of 1942. After a grueling escape to the Ukrainian countryside, Sara steals her Christian best friend’s identity and finds refuge in a small village, where she is taken in by a farmer and his young wife. She soon discovers the dark secrets of her employers’ marriage, compounding the greatest secret she must strive to protect, her true identity.

Original Title MY NAME IS SARA
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 111'
Production Year 2019
Nationality Poland, USA
Directed by Steven Oritt
Screenplay David Himmelstein
Director of photography Marian Prokop
Editor Agneszka Glinska
Production Design Marek Zawierucha
Costume Design Emilia Czartoryska
Music Lukasz Targosz
Main cast Zuzanna Surowy
Michalina Olszanska
Radoslaw Kaim
Ksawery Szlenkier
Eryk Lubos
Aleksandra Pisula
Iwona Bielska
Produced by Steven Oritt, Justyna Pawlak

regista Steven OrittSTEVEN ORITT
Steven began directing music videos and commercials, and moved into documentaries with his feature-length debut "American Native" earning 3 best director/documentary awards on the international film festival circuit. He then launched James Lucy Productions, which is currently developing an episodic series for AMC Networks as well as recently completing Steven’s documentary "Accidental Climber".

Director's statement
"This is a deeply personal story that was first shared with me in 2014 by the woman who survived it. Her name was Sara Goralnik and for over 50 years, she hid the truth from her own family. Her memories were the basis for my film and while some elements were invented, most were not. I feel extremely grateful to be able to share Sara's story with the world and hope that in doing so, we may shed some light on the darkness of her past".

production
James Lucy Productions
(USA)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

world sales
festival contact
Media Luna New Films
(Germany)
www.medialuna.biz
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.