logo 2016

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2016 - 15.24 July

Sections & Films

FANNY'S JOURNEY

Category: Edition 2016

Synopsis
1943. Germany is occupying France. Fanny (13 y.o.) and her little sisters were sent by their parents to the OSE, a foster home for Jewish children. When the Nazis arrive on Italian territory, members of the OSE desperately organize the departure of the children to Switzerland. Fanny and her sisters are among those traveling to the border. These 11 children suddenly left on their own will do the impossible to reach the Swiss border in order to survive.

Original Title Le Voyage de Fanny
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 94'
Production Year 2016
Nationality Belgium, France
Directed by Lola Doillon
Screenplay Anne Peyregne, Lola Doillon
Based on the book "Le journal de Fanny"
by Fanny Ben-Ami
Director of photography Pierre Cottereau
Production Design Pierre-François Limbosch
Costume Design Isabelle Pannetier
Main cast Cécile de France (Mme Forman)
Stephane De Groodt (Jean)
Léonie Souchaud (Fanny)
Fantine Harduin (Erika)
Juliane Lepoureau (Georgette)
Ryan Brodie (Victor)
Anaïs Meiringer (Diane)
Lou Lambrecht (Rachel)
Produced by Saga Blanchard, Marie de Lussigny

Lola DoillonLola Doillon
Lola Doillon was born in 1975 in France. She is a director and writer. She began her career as camera assistant and editing assistant working with directors such as Patrice Chéreau, Jean-Pierre Mocky, François Dupeyron.She was casting director for Jacques Doillon and and Michael Haneke and assistant director of Jacques Doillon, Cédric Klapisch and Benoît Graffin. She directed three short films, among which MAJORETTES, selected for the Directors' Fortnight at Cannes. In 2007 Lola directed her first feature film ET TOI T’ES SUR QUI? presented in the Official Selection Un Certain Regard at Cannes. Her second feature film, CONTRE TOI (2010), starred Kristin Scott Thomas and Pio Marmaï. FANNY’S JOURNEY is her third feature film.

Director's statement
“I asked myself about my legitimacy to tell such a story and speak of Jewish children without being  Jewish. But I cleared  all doubts telling myself that this is the history of France, and European history, and as such, I have the right, and the duty, to tell it”.

production
Bee Films
(France)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.beefilms.fr
-----
Scope Pictures
(Belgium)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.scopepictures.com

world sales
festival contact
Indie Sales
(France)
www.indiesales.eu

italian distribution
Lucky Red
(Italy)
www.luckyred.it