logo 2016

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2016 - 15.24 July

Sections & Films

RAG UNION

Category: Edition 2016

Synopsis
Life of an ordinary teenager Vania changes after the acquaintance with three different strange guys. Sportsmen, artists, dreamers they call themselves "Triapichniy soyuz" and believe they can change the whole World. They are preparing "arty" protest actions. Vania taken with new friends enters into "their greatest organization”.

Original Title Triapichniy Soyuz
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +16
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2015
Nationality Russia
Directed by Mikhail Mestetskiy
Screenplay Mikhail Mestetskiy
Director of photography Timofei Parschikov
Editor Ivan Lebedev, Sergei Loban
Costume Design Uliana Polianskaya
Main cast Vassily Butkevich (Vania)
Ivan Yankovskiy (Andrei)
Pavel Chinarev (Peter)
Alexander Pal (Popov)
Anastasiya Pronina (Sasha)
Fyodor Lavrov (Sasha`s Father)
Vladislav Vetrov (Peter`s Uncle)
Elena Nesterova (Vania`s Mother)
Produced by Roman Borisevich, Alexander Kushaev

Foto Regista Rag UnionMikhail Mestetskiy
Born in 1980 in Tver. In 2003 he graduated from Russian State University of Humanities (Department of Philology). In 2006 he finished his Graduate Courses of Screenwriter and Director. Mikhail was working in the field of modern art, literature, film criticism (he published his works in Esquire magazine). Mikhail is an author of more than 10 short films which took a lot of prizes worldwide. In 2012 he formed music band called "Schklovskiy". In 2013 with co-writer Nikolay Kulikov he wrote a script for a film LEGEND NO 17. The film was one of the biggest box office results in Russia and the writers received the Golden Eagle award. RAG UNION is Mikhail`s feature film debut. Film participated in the main competition of 26th Kinotavr Film Festival 2015 (Sochi, Russia). RAG UNION was also selected in On The Edge Film Festival 2015 (Sakhalin, Russia) where took several prizes. In 2016 Rag Union presents Russia in the 66th Berlin International Film Festival in the Generation section.

Director's statement
"I`ve showed all my late teenager experience in the film. Most important there was a flashback of meeting at the end of 90th with the art-group "RADEK" great guys. I always wanted somehow to describe the process of this creative search, formation and maturation of an artist alongside with complete idiocy which is proper to young 20 year old people. I wanted to show a riot of amazing ideas which excite people especially at this age as well as inability to solve the simplest household, social and love questions".

production
Koktebel Film Company
(Russia)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.koktebelfilm.ru

world sales
festival contact
Antipode Sales & Distribution
(Russia)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.antipode-sales.biz