logo 2015

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2015 - 17.26 July

Sections & Films

I BAMBINI SANNO

Category: Edition 2015

Synopsis
I BAMBINI SANNO (THE CHILDREN KNOW) is a journey through the childhood told through the eyes, the faces, the voices, the witnesses of thirty-nine children aged between nine and thirteen. It’s an investigation to observe the world through the pure and true glance of the little ones, to understand their point of view on the grownup stuff, to know their future projects, their dreams, their opinions about life’s big issues. It’s a narrative that shows the differences among the children about cultures, personal histories, backgrounds. The children are interviewed individually in their room and describe it, letting the objects, the photographs, the furniture speak about their being. The answers of the children yield important lessons for the grownups who take the time to observe them day by day.

Original Title I BAMBINI SANNO
Category Out of competition
Section Special Events
Tipology Documentary, Special Event
Duration 113'
Production Year 2015
Nationality Italy
Directed by Walter Veltroni
Director of photography Davide Manca
Editor Gabriele Gallo
Music Danilo Rea
Main cast Marius Carpaci
Vittorio Cerroni
Johan Ferruccio
Gabriele Panicucci
Valerio Stancanelli
Matteo Tosto
Produced by Mario Gianani, Lorenzo Mieli

veltroni-reg OKWalter Veltroni
Born 1955, Rome. Politician, journalist, writer, filmmaker. In 1973 he graduated from the Italian State Institute for Cinema and TV. From 1992 to 1996 he was editor-in-chief of the newspaper “L’Unità”. From 1996 to 1998 he was Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Cultural Assets and Activities. From 2001 to 2008 he was Mayor of Rome. He wrote essays (such as “Il sogno spezzato. Le idee di Robert Kennedy”, 1993; “La sfida interrotta. Le idee di Enrico Berlinguer”, 1994; “Certi piccoli amori”, 1994, and “Certi piccoli amori 2”, 1998, which collect his movie reviews), and fiction (such as “Senza Patricio”, 2004; “La scoperta dell'alba”, 2006; “Noi”, 2009; “L’isola e le rose”, 2012). In 2014 he made his debut as a director with the documentary feature film QUANDO C’ERA BERLINGUER.