logo 2015

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2015 - 17.26 July

Sections & Films

THE BEAT BENEATH MY FEET

Category: Edition 2015

Synopsis
Tom, a teenage loner, dreams of becoming a rock star but feels thwarted by his God-fearing single mother, Mary. When an intimidating stranger moves into the flat below and plays loud rock music at all hours, Tom recognises him as disgraced guitarist, Max Stone, from rock band “Nothing”, who had disappeared presumed dead years earlier owing a fortune in unpaid tax. Tom agrees not to reveal him to the authorities on condition that Max, now known as Steve, teaches him rock guitar. As their relationship develops both man and boy navigate the path from rock hell to rock redemption.

Original Title THE BEAT BENEATH MY FEET
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 89'
Production Year 2014
Nationality United Kingdom
Directed by John Williams
Screenplay Michael Müller
Director of photography Sara Deane
Editor Thomas Goldser
Production Design Alison Butler
Costume Design Cecile Van Dijk
Sound Ben Baird
Music Geoff Jackson, Paul Cartledge, Philip Jewson
Main cast Luke Perry (Steve)
Nicholas Galitzine (Tom)
Lisa Dillon (Mary)
Verity Pinter (Felix)
James Tarpey (Damien)
Simon Lowe (Jonah)
Produced by Fiona Gillies, Michael Müller, Raj Sharma
Access

John-Williams regOKJohn Williams
Born 1979, London. He studied animation at the University of Wales in Newport and then worked on the visual effects and animation in music videos for Coldplay and 1 Giant Leap. He directed several short films, such as ROBOTS - THE ANIMATED DOCU-SOAP (2000), GREENPEACE: HALF LIFE (2003), HIBERNATION (2004), PARAPHERNALIA (2009). THE BEAT BENEATH MY FEET is his first feature film as a director and was screened at the Berlin Film Festival 2015 in the Generation 14plus section.

production
Scoop Films
10 Soho Square, London W1D 3NT - UK
phone +44 7956146357
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.scoopfilms.com

world sales
festival contact
Spotlight Pictures
6671 Sunset Blvd. # 1591, Hollywood, CA. 90028 - USA
phone +1 3238712551
fax +1 3238712554
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.spotlight-pictures.com