logo 2011

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2011 - 12.21 July

Sections & Films

WUNDERKINDER

Category: Edition 2011

Synopsis

Poltawa, Ukraine, beginning of the 40s. With the invasion by the German Wehrmacht, the good relationship between the Germans and the Russian adults ends abruptly, not so with the children though who have been best friends for a few years already: the German Hanna Reich and two Jewish children, Abrascha Kaplan and Larissa Brodsky. All three friends share the love for classical music. Abrascha and Larissa are highly gifted musicians. Both children got known within the Soviet Union and the communist party planned already to send the children to the USA, but just before they are getting ready to leave for the trip, the political situation changes: the Nazis declare war to the Soviet Union. Being only between the age of 12 and 13, the children do not understand jet the madness and brutality of the adults and only see one way out of the disaster: to help each other and to win the hearts of the adults by using their musical ability.

Sinossi

Poltava, Ucraina, primi anni ’40. L’invasione nazista interrompe bruscamente i buoni rapporti fra gli adulti tedeschi e quelli russi, ma non quelli fra tre ragazzi che sono amici già da un po’ di anni: la tedesca Hanna Reich e due ebrei, Abrascha Kaplan e Larissa Brodsky. I tre sono accomunati da una grande passione per la musica classica. Larissa e Abrascha sono musicisti dotati e già noti in Unione Sovietica, tanto che il partito comunista ha progettato di mandarli negli Stati Uniti, ma poco prima del viaggio, la situazione politica cambia: i nazisti dichiarano guerra ai sovietici. Fra i 12 e i 13 anni d’età, i tre ragazzi non sono ancora in grado di capire la follia e la brutalità degli adulti, e vedono una sola via d’uscita dal disastro: aiutarsi l’un l’altro e conquistare i cuori degli adulti usando le proprie capacità musicali.

Original Title WUNDERKINDER
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2011
Nationality Germany
Directed by Marcus O. Rosenmüller
Screenplay Stephan Glantz, Rolf Schübel, Kris Karathomas, Marcus O. Rosenmüller
Script Art Bernd
Director of photography Roman Nowocien
Editor Raimund Vienken
Production Design Petra Albert
Costume Design Mirjam Muschel
Music Martin Stock
Main cast Mathilda Adamik (Hanna Reich)
Elin Kolev (Abrascha Kaplan)
Imogen Burrell (Larrissa Brodsky)
Kai Wiesinger (Max Reich)
Catherine Flemming (Helga Reich)
Gudrun Landgrebe (Irina Salomonowa)
Produced by Alice Brauner, Artur Brauner

wunderkinder regMarcus O. Rosenmüller
Born 1963, Duisburg. From 1989 to 1999 he made around 120 video clips. Later he directed TV movies and TV series. In 2000 he made his first theatrical feature film, DER TOTE TAUCHER IM WALD.

Marcus O. Rosenmüller
Nato nel 1963 a Duisburg. Dal 1989 al 1999 ha girato circa 120 video musicali. In seguito ha diretto serie e film per la tv. Nel 2000 ha realizzato il suo primo lungometraggio per il grande schermo, DER TOTE TAUCHER IM WALD.

Director’s statement
"When Alice Brauner of CCC-Film asked me to help develop the script, and later on to direct the film, I knew that WUNDERKINDER would be a very special challenge. The essential task for me was that of telling the story strictly through the eyes of the three children – there is not one adult-only scene in the entire film. For that reason I feel especially honoured that WUNDERKINDER was chosen for the Giffoni Film Festival".

Dichiarazioni del regista
"Quando Alice Brauner della CCC-Film mi ha chiesto di contribuire allo sviluppo della sceneggiatura e successivamente di dirigere il film, sapevo che WUNDERKINDER sarebbe stato una sfida molto speciale. Il compito fondamentale che mi sono prefisso era quello di raccontare la storia attraverso gli occhi dei tre bambini protagonisti: in tutto il film infatti non c’è neanche una scena vista attraverso gli occhi degli adulti. Per questo motivo, sono molto onorato che WUNDERKINDER sia stato selezionato per il Giffoni Film Festival".

Production
CCC Filmkunst GmbH
Marienbader Straße 13, 14199 Berlin – Germany
phone +49 30895953172
fax +49 30895953174
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.ccc-film.de

World sales
Cinepool – A Division of Telepool GmbH
Sonnenstrasse 21, 80331 Munich – Germany
phone +49 89558760
fax +49 895587619223
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.telepool.de