logo 2008

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2008 - 18.26 July

Sections & Films

FRODE AND ALL THE OTHER RASCALS

Category: Edition 2008

Synopsis

Frode can’t wait for the big summer party at his apartment building. Most of all, because this year’s party offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to ride a real life elephant. Then, in a stunning reversal, the stickler superintendent informs them there is a fee for party use of the yard, and Frode’s dream of riding an elephant vanishes before his eyes. Meanwhile, poor Mr. Storm downstairs is plagued by a string of mysterious burglaries and offers a reward to whoever catches the culprit. Frode and his friends jump to the challenge: nab the burglar, trick the super to get their summer party back, and outwit their rivals, the dirty rotten basement gang, who are desperate for the reward and will stop at nothing to get it.

Original Title FRODE OG ALLE DE ANDRE RØDDER
Italian Title FESTA DI FINE ESTATE
Category Official Competition
Section Kidz
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 80'
Production Year 2008
Nationality Denmark
Directed by Niels Chr. Bubber Meyer
Based on the book "Frode og alle de andre rødder"
by Ole Lund Kirkegaard
Director of photography Simon Mouridsen
Editor Rikke Selin Lorentzen, Henrik Vincent Thiesen
Production Design Arvid Bergømbak
Costume Design Anne Dorthe Eskildsen
Sound Mick Raaschou
Music Jesper Sveidahl
Main cast Arto Louis Eriksen (Frode)
Sasha Sofie Lund (Stinne)
Thomas Meilstrup (Læris)
Ole Thestrup (Storm)
Birthe Neumann (Irene TV)
Rasmus Bjerg (Vicevært)
Produced by Tivi Magnusson, Tomas Radoor, Christian Steengaard Potalivo, Johanne Stryhn Hørby

frode and all the other rascals regNiels Chr. Bubber Meyer

Born 1964, Denmark. Christian name is Niels Christian Meyer, commonly known as Bubber. A well-known TV host of children's shows. FRODE AND ALL THE OTHER RASCALS (2008) is Bubber's feature film debut.

Director’s statement

“The first time I sat foot on a filmset was when I was 16 or 17 years old. I was working as a runner and visit the filming of OTTO IS A RHINO (1983) based on the children’s novel by author Ole Lund Kirkegaard. Since then I knew I wanted to make films. […] After working with television for many years I got a chance to make this film about Frode. It was the last book by Ole Lund Kirkegaard, which had not yet been made into a film. It finished the circle and put me back in the place where I also belong. I didn’t have any prior directing experience with film and was thrown directly into deep water, but I still felt that I had enough experience from television and sense for storytelling, to direct the children and lead them the right way. What really fascinates me is the world of Kirkegaard. When he tells a story he really uses his characters and we get to feel them and wish for their conquest to succeed. It was so much fun to work with this fictional universe and to get to know the story and the characters in it”.

Production
M&M Productions A/S
Refshalevej 213 A, 1., DK - 1432 København K - Denmark
phone +45 70203080
fax +45 70203081
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.mmproductions.d

World sales
TrustNordisk
Filmbyen 12, 2650 Hvidovre - Denmark
phone +45 36868788
fax +45 36774448
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.trust-film.dk

Festival contact
Danish Film Institute
55, Gothersgade, 1123 Copenhagen K - Denmark
phone +45 3374 3400

www.dfi.dk