logo 2007

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2007 - 10.21 July

Sections & Films

LEAPS & BOUNDS

Category: Edition 2007

Synopsis

Azad loves competing in the high jump and his greatest hero is the champion Kajsa Bergqvist. Along with his brother, Tigris, he is separated from his family and ends up as a hostage in Sweden. Although they try to make friends in their new country, they never give up the hope of seeing their family once again.

Original Title HOPPET
Italian Title UN SALTO VERSO LA LIBERTÀ
Category Official Competition
Section Free to Fly
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 86'
Production Year 2007
Nationality Sweden
Directed by Petter Næss
Screenplay Moni Nilsson, Isa Aoufina, Kurt Öberg
Script Rewas Kader
Director of photography Marius Johansen Hansen
Editor Inge-Lise Langfeldt
Production Design Maria Sohlman-Wikman
Costume Design Anna-Maria Åkerlund, Cilla Rörby
Sound Richard Löthner, David Lindskog
Music Nils Petter Molvaer
Main cast Ali Abdulsalam (Azad)
Ronas Gemici (Tigris)
Per Fritzell (Bosse)
Mehmet Aras (Hussein)
Dler Resul (il padre di Azad/Azad’s father)
Richard Jarl (Markus)
Produced by Lotta Nilsson, Joachim Stridsberg, Anders Bergh

leaps  bounds regPetter Næss
Petter Næss was born in 1960 in Oslo (Norway). Originally he worked as a writer, director and actor for the theatre. In 1997 he was appointed director of Oslo Nye Teater (Olso New Theatre), and he quickly made a mark for himself promoting contemporary Norwegian plays and focusing on works for young audiences. At the theatre he realized the first, very successful, staging of ELLING, based upon the Ingvar Ambjørnsen’s book Brødre i blodet (Brothers in Blood). Among his films are ELLING (2001), which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Film in 2002.

Director’s statement
“There are three major reasons why I wanted to do this film. First of all: this story is a reminder of what we expose our children to – what kind of a world we bring them into: a world where the adults, who should know better, find prestige, prejudice and political opposition more important than the safety and responsibility for the most innocent people of all – the children. Secondly: I find that LEAPS & BOUNDS is a strong story about children’s ability to find solutions. Thirdly: I think it is an important story to tell for the sake of building up against prejudice and also to remind us about how lucky we are to live in a part of the world where both the political and social conditions are so much better than in most countries where our immigrants come from”.

Production
ZINGOfilm
Rotemannavägen 12, 145 57, Norsborg - Sweden
phone +46 853180012
www.zingofilm.se

World sales
Sonet Film AB
P.O. Box 271 50 SE-102 52, Stockholm - Sweden
phone +46 86651400
www.sonetfilm.se

Festival contact
Swedish Film Institute
Box 27126, Borgvaegen 1-5SE-102 52, Stockholm - Sweden
phone +46 86651208
fax +46 86663698
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.sfi.se