logo 2006

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2006 - 14.22 July

Sections & Films

CARS

Category: Edition 2006

Synopsis

Lightning McQueen, a hotshot rookie race car driven to succeed, discovers that life is about the journey, not the finishing line, when he finds himself unexpectedly detoured to the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. On route across the country to the big Piston Cup Championship in California to compete against two seasoned pros, McQueen gets to know the town's offbeat characters--including Sally, a snazzy 2002 Porsche, Doc Hudson, a 1951 Hudson Hornet with a mysterious past, and Mater, a rusty but trusty tow truck--who help him realize that there are more important things than trophies, fame and sponsorship.

Original Title CARS
Italian Title CARS – MOTORI RUGGENTI
Category Out of competition
Section Premiere
Tipology Animation, Feature Film
Duration John Lasseter
Production Year 2006
Nationality USA
Screenplay Dan Fogelman, John Lasseter, Joe Ranft, Kiel Murray, Phil Lorin, Jorgen Klubien
Script John Lasseter, Joe Ranft, Jorgen Klubien
Editor Ken Schretzmann
Production Design William Cone, Bob Pauley
Sound Tom Myers
Music Randy Newman
Original Voices Owen Wilson (Lightning McQueen)
Paul Newman (Doc Hudson)
Bonnie Hunt (Sally Carrera)
Larry The Cable Guy (Mater)
Cheech Marin (Ramon)
Tony Shalhoubn (Luigi)
Italian Voices Massimiliano Manfredi (“Saetta” McQueen)
Cesare Barbetti (Doc Hudson)
Sabrina Ferilli (Sally Carrera)
Marco Messeri (Carl Attrezzi)
Eugenio Marinelli (Ramon)
Marco Della Noce (Luigi)
Produced by Darla K. Anderson
Access

cars regJohn Lasseter

Born 1957, Hollywood. He grew up in Whittier, California. His mother was an art teacher. While still in high school, he wrote to Walt Disney Studios about his passion and he entered the Disney animation program at CalArts, an innovative studying art center. He entered the studio’s feature animation department in 1979. There he worked on several productions such as THE FOX AND THE HOUND and MICKEY’S CHRISTMAS CAROL. He left Disney in 1984 and came to the animation department of Lucasfilm that soon became Pixar. He has written and directed a number of short films and television commercials at Pixar, including RED’S DREAM (1987), KNICK KNACK (1989) and LUXO JR (1996). In 1995 he directed the first feature-length computer-animated film, TOY STORY. He has gone on to further acclaim as director of A BUG’S LIFE (1998) and TOY STORY 2 (1999), and executive producer of MONSTERS, INC., FINDING NEMO, and THE INCREDIBLES.

Director’s statement

“I have always loved cars. In one vein, I have Disney blood, and in the other, there’s motor oil. The notion of combining these two great passions in my life – cars and animation – was irresistible. […] In 2001 my wife said to me that if I didn’t slow down and start paying attention to the family, the kids would be going off to college before I knew it and I would be missing a huge part of our family life. Our lead car, Lightning McQueen, is focused on being the fastest. He doesn’t care about anything except winning the championship. He was the perfect character to be forced to slow down, the way I had. The unique thing about Pixar films is that the stories come from our hearts. They come from things that are personal to us and that move us. This gives special emotion and meaning to the films”.

Production
Walt Disney Pictures - Pixar Animation Studios
500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-4944 - USA
phone +1 8184608936
fax +1 8184609202
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.disney.com

World sales
Buena Vista International
500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-7386 - USA
phone +1 8185582291
www.disney.com

Italian distribution
Festival contact
Buena Vista Italia
via Cantalupo in Sabina 29, 00191 Roma - Italy
phone +39 06 330831
fax +39 06 33083270
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.buenavista.it