logo 2005

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2005 - 16.23 July

Sections & Films

HERBIE FULLY LOADED

Category: Edition 2005

Synopsis

Herbie’s rescuer is none other than Maggie Peyton, a third-generation member of a legendary NASCAR family. Racing is deep in Maggie’s blood, but she has been forbidden from pursuing her dreams by her overprotective father and NASCAR champ Ray Peyton. Ray does offer to buy Maggie a car for college graduation. Maggie has her eye on something sporty, yet a certain rusty, banged-up, ‘60s-era Beetle keeps vying for her attention, revealing that whatever he lacks in the engine compartment, he makes up for with personality. Soon, with a little help from his new friends, Herbie is stronger, faster and Herbi-er than ever, as he and Maggie become partners in a hilarious quest to make the world believe in them.

Original Title HERBIE FULLY LOADED
Italian Title HERBIE – IL SUPERMAGGIOLINO
Category Out of competition
Section Premiere
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 101'
Production Year 2005
Nationality USA
Directed by Angela Robinson
Screenplay Thomas Lennon, Robert Ben Garant, Alfred Gough, Miles Millar
Script Gordon Buford (characters)
Director of photography Greg Gardiner
Editor Wendy Greene Bricmont
Production Design Daniel Bradford
Costume Design Frank Helmer
Sound Scott Martin Gershin, Peter Zinda, Michael Kamper
Music Mark Thomas
Main cast Lindsay Lohan (Maggie Peyton)
Michael Keaton (Ray Peyton Sr.)
Matt Dillon (Trip Murphy)
Breckin Meyer (Ray Peyton Jr.)
Justin Long (Kevin)
Cheryl Hines (Sally)
Produced by Robert Simonds
Access

herbie fully loaded regAngela Robinson

She made her feature film debut with the short film D.E.B.S. Robinson received a Bachelor of Arts from Brown University and then studied film at the New York University Graduate Film Program. While at NYU, she made several short films and she was assistant director for Spike Lee. She served as a staff writer for the series THE L WORLD.

Director’s statement

“So many of us have loved Herbie since we were little kids. There’s no other character in movies like him, and I think we all felt it was time for his comeback. The story had a great combination of big-action racing scenes that I loved, along with the humor that comes with Herbie, and then this uplifting story of a woman. That great mix attracted me to the project. From the beginning, I didn’t want to rely entirely just on computers to generate Herbie, because he’s a character that needs to be real. In fact, Herbie became so real to us on the set that, at times, I was tempted to direct him just like an actor”.

Production
Robert Simonds Production

--
Disney Pictures, Inc.

World sales
Buena Vista Pictures Distribution

Italian distribution
Festival contact
Buena Vista Italia
Via Cantalupo in Sabina 29, 00191 Roma - Italy
phone +39 06330831
fax +39 0633083270
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.buenavista.it