GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

Films

LA FELLINETTE

Category: Edition 2021

“Fellinette”, a little girl drawn on a notebook back in 1971 by Maestro Federico Fellini, is the protagonist of this fairy tale set on the beach in Rimini on January 20, 2020, the day of the hundredth anniversary of the great Master's birth. Through her fervent childish imagination we will live an melancholic and wonderful adventure, where live action footage and animated parts will celebrate the greatest of directors with dreamlike atmospheres full of poetry.

Original Title La Fellinette
Category Out of competition
Section Special Events
Tipology Short Film, Special Event
Duration 12'
Production Year 2020
Nationality Italy
Directed by Francesca Fabbri Fellini
Screenplay Francesca Fabbri Fellini
Director of photography Blasco Giurato
Editor Simone Felici
Music Andrea Guerra
Main cast Milena Vukotic
Ivano Marescotti
Sergio Bini
Carlo Truzzi
Federico Bassi
Gabriele Pagliarani
Production Meclimone Produzioni Cinematografiche (Italy)

LA FELLINETTE Francesca Fabbri Fellini e Zio Federico FELLINI Graziano VillaFrancesca Fabbri Fellini

She was born in Bologna in 1965. Her parents, Maria Maddalena Fellini and dr. Giorgio Fabbri chose as godfather of her baptism, Maria Maddalena’s uncle, Federico Fellini and as godmother, her aunt, Giulietta Masina.
At the age of 23 after graduating in Foreign Languages ​​and Literatures, she moved to Rome where she remained until 2006, the year of her return to Rimini where she now lives and works. In 1987 she signed the first contract with Rai, for the program “Muoviamoci” on Rai Due, with Sidney Rome. After this experience, she signed many other contracts with Rai. From 1999 to 2006 she was one of the correspondents of “La vita in diretta”, the historic afternoon container broadcast on Rai since 1991. She worked with famous television authors such as Michele Guardì, Enza Sampò, Giovanni Minoli, Daniel Toaff, Licia Colò.
Between 1993 and 1997 she collaborated with the radio network RTL 102.5, hosting a program about cinema and, thanks to this experience, she became a professional journalist in 1997.
In 2003 Francesca signed, with her mother Maria Maddalena, a volume of memories and recipes, A tavola con Fellini, which in a new edition of 2013 would become A tavola con Fellini - Ricette da Oscar della sorella Maddalena, a journey through the flavors of the Emilia Romagna tradition and the history of world cinema.
From 2004 to 2006 she signed and hosted the program “Asa NIsi MAsa - L’ANIMA del cinema” on the RTL radio network. Since 2009, after meeting the photographer Graziano Villa (a life and work partner), she has curated his photographic exhibitions and presented his portfolio to galleries and festivals.
For Fellini’s hundredth birth anniversary celebrations, the ‘Fellinette’, as her uncle Federico called her, wrote and directed a mixed media short film which starts from the animation of her portrait drawn with pastels by the Maestro on a notebook.

Director’s statement
"On the day of my baptism in Bologna, June 6, 1965, my mother Maria Maddalena Fellini and my father Dr. Giorgio Fabbri, had chosen as my godparents, uncle Federico Fellini and aunt Giulietta Masina.
That day, the Cinema Wizard, who had already won 3 Oscars together with his Fairy, Aunt Getta, sprinkled stardust on my cradle as a gift.
My uncle Federico always loved cartoons. He once told me he’d like to sign one. With my short film, entitled LA FELLINETTE, a tribute to the centenary of his birth, I believe I have completed the puzzle with its last piece, having his DNA in my blood."

Production
Meclimone Produzioni Cinematografiche (Italy)