logo 2014

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2014 - 18.27 July

Sections & Films

HAN GONG-JU

Category: Edition 2014

Synopsis

After being involved in a scandalous and horrifying incident, seventeen-year-old girl named Han Gong-ju is banished to a different school in a remote city. Neglected by her parents, her previous school teacher arranges a place for her to hideaway, his mother’s place. Han Gong-ju’s new friend at school discovers that she’s a talented singer, so she secretly creates an online fansite for her friend. But a video of hers on the internet reveals her whereabouts and she is hunted down.

Original Title HAN GONG-JU
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +16
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 112'
Production Year 2013
Nationality South Korea
Directed by Lee Sujin
Screenplay Lee Sujin
Director of photography Hong Jaesik
Editor Choi Hyunsook
Production Design Choi Hyosun
Costume Design Kim Eunsook
Sound Seo Youngjun
Music Kim Taesung
Main cast Chun Woohee (Han Gong-ju)
Jung Insun (Lee Eun-hee)
Kim Soyoung (Jeon Hwaok)
Lee Younglan (Mrs. Cho)
Kimchoi Yongjoon (Kim Dong-yun)
Jo Daehee (Lee Nan-do)
Produced by Lee Sujin

Lee SujinLee Sujin

Born in South Korea. He is a screenwriter and director. He directed the short films PAPA (A-PPA, 2004), SON’S (A DEUL UI GUD, 2006), ENEMY’S APPLE (JEOGUI SAGWA, 2007). HAN GONG-JU is his first feature film as a director. He won the Hivos Tiger Award at the 2014 Rotterdam International Film Festival.

Director’s statement

“This is a growing up story of a girl who had to make an exile like transfer from a small regional city. A girl who is forced to run away, although she is the one entitled to an apology. Amid individualism and indifference, perhaps the thought – as long as it’s not me – is what makes aggressors that dissuade even a spark of hope. While waiting for their own turns in becoming the victim. If I may, I’d like to support Han Gong-ju and the girls alike doing their utmost to survive”.

produzione/production

Vill Lee Film Co.

distribuzione internazionale/world sales

festival contact

Finecut
4F, Incline Bldg., 64, Seolleung-ro 90-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-840 - Korea
phone +82 25698777
fax +82 25699466

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.finecut.co.kr