logo 2004

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2004 - 17.24 July

Sections & Films

THE WILD SOCCER BUNCH

Category: Edition 2004

Synopsis

The “Devil’s Pot” is the training ground of the “Wild Guys” and until this summer holidays it was exclusively their territory. The young soccer enthusiasts with their leader Leon only had one plan for the holidays – to play soccer. But a nasty continuous rain has transformed the ground into a muddy wasteland so that Leon, his brother Marlon, little Raban, Leon’s best friend Fabi, the brothers Juli and Joschka as well as the very talented Maxi have to kick at home for the time being. That leads to trouble with the parents, culminating in a soccer ban. But it’s getting even worse, for Big Michi and his “Invincible Winners” have taken over “Devil’s Pot” and are not willing to let go of it. The self-assured Leon offers Big Michi a risky deal: a soccer match between the two teams shall decide over the future owner of “Devil’s Pot”. They only have ten days for the preparation.

Original Title DIE WILDEN KERLE – ALLES IST GUT, SOLANGE DU WILD BIST!
Italian Title LA TRIBÙ DEL PALLONE
Category Official Competition
Section Kidz
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2003
Nationality Germany
Directed by Joachim Masannek
Screenplay Joachim Masannek
Script Joachim Masannek
Director of photography Sonja Rom
Editor Alex Berner
Production Design Winfried Hennig
Costume Design Mika Braun
Sound Heiko Müller, Roland Platz, Chris Rebay
Music Gert Wilden Jr.
Main cast Jimi Blue Ochsenknecht (Leon)
Wilson Gonzales Ochsenknecht (Marlon)
Constantin Gastmann (Fabi)
Raban Bieling (Raban)
Marlon Wessel (Maxi)
Jonathan Beck (Juli)
Produced by Ewa Karlström, Andreas Ulmke-Smeaton
Access

the wild soccer bunch regJoachim Masannek

He was born in 1960 in Hamm and studied German Studies, Philosophy, and Film in Munich. Since 1985, he has worked as a production designer, lighting technician, cameraman and author. After working on various animation projects, he wrote the children's book Die Wilden Fussballkerle based on the soccer team he founded in Munich. His films include: BOMBER (short, 1992), IN LIEBE, CATHERINE (short, 1992), DER BAER (commercial, 1992), and THE WILD SOCCER BUNCH (DIE WILDEN KERLE, 2004).

Director’s statement

“I’m the coach of a football team of children between 9 and 13 years of age. The children chose to call themselves THE WILD BUNCH. My son, the youngest, has always been interested in the Bayern club. When he was four I took him to the Bayern Football School but the coach was too rude with children, above all when they lost a match. So I decided to create a team. The character of Leon, the team leader, in real life is my son but he is too shy to play himself. And I had the same problem with the other children. Many of them refused to play themselves. The only real wild boys are my two children – who however played other characters – Raban and Jojo Becks. […] Working with children made me understand that they want to be considered as adults and that’s how I treated them”.

Production
Festival contact
SamFilm GmbH
Rumfordstr. 10, 80469 Munich - Germany
phone +49 893399530
fax +49 8933995324
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.samfilm.de

World sales
Cinepool
Sonnenstr. 21, 80331 Munich - Germany
phone +49 8955876226
fax +49 8955876229
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.telepool.de