logo 2004

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2004 - 17.24 July

Sections & Films

KICK’N RUSH

Category: Edition 2004

Synopsis

Jakob, Mikkel and Bo live in a little city where a video shop, a burger bar and a game of football are the only entertainment. Bo is the star of their football team, Jacob is in love with his classmate Helene and Mikkel is fascinated by Mathilde. The three friends have just one ritual: they rent a video and with their bikes ride over to the nearby holiday homes where they commandeer an empty house for a few hours. But soon their lives will change and the trio’s friendship will begin to show signs of weakness. Bo begins to spend much of his time with an older bloke named Jagger and the day he has to play for some talent scouts, after a night of alcohol and drugs, he is completely out of order. For him there’s no more hope of a professional career. Jakob, when Helene goes to Africa with her family, finds out that Mathilde is in love with him and begins to go out with her forgetting his friends. Mikkel is jealous about their relationship and, when Jacob argues with Mathilde, tries to seduce the girl.

Original Title 2 RYK OG EN AFLEVERING
Category Official Competition
Section Y Gen
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 94'
Production Year 2003
Nationality Denmark
Directed by Aage Rais-Nordentoft
Screenplay Jesper Wung-Sung, Aage Rais-Nordentoft
Script Jesper Wung-Sung, Aage Rais-Nordentoft
Director of photography Jacob Banke Olesen
Editor Mahi Rahgozar
Production Design Thomas Greve
Costume Design Kirsten Zäschke
Sound Hans Christian Kock
Music Under Byen
Main cast Jakob Oliver Krarup (Jakob)
Cyron Bjørn Melville (Bo)
Esben Smed (Mikkel)
Mikkel Bay Mortensen (Jagger)
Ina Centio (Helene)
Marie Bach Hansen (Mathilde)
Produced by Louise Vesth, Ib Tardini
Access

kickn rush regAage Rais-Nordentoft

Born 1969, Åarhus (Denmark). He is a self-taught film director. A drop-out from Åarhus University (Comparative Literature), he used his student grants and loans to hang out at the Danish Film Workshop and Åarhus Film Workshop in order to make documentary and underground films, among others the award-winning THE GLASSWALL (GLASMUREN). His feature debut came in 1996 with the film THE FLYER (ANTON), presented at the GFF 1996. In the following years he made documentaries - including TEENS (TØSER OG DRENGERØVE), WONDERKIDS and OPERATION BILKA - and the feature film FOREIGN FIELDS (PÅ FREMMED MARK, 2000).

Director’s statement

“With KICK’N RUSH I wanted to create a true and emotional film about being sixteen years old and thinking that everyone else know more about sex and love than you. Your only chance is to ‘Kick’n Rush’. I have made the film I would have liked to see myself when I was that age. The films I saw back then were really awful. They blamed society for everything and made being a teenager look really horrible. They were never about real things, like the fact that you have to choose between friends and girlfriends. I wanted to be truthful and celebrate the energy you have at that age, but don’t realise. Everything is new and fresh and you haven’t hardened inside yet. You are really vulnerable and in a storming emotional state”.

Production
Jutlandia Film ApS
Filmbyen Avedøre Tværvej 10, 2650 Hvidovre - Denmark
phone +45 36868788
fax +45 36868789
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.filmbyen.com

World sales
Trust Film Sales ApS
Filmbyen Avedøre Tværvej 10, 2650 Hvidovre - Denmark
phone +45 36868788
fax +45 36774448
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.trust-film.dk

Festival contact
Danish Film Institute
Gothersgade 55, 1123 Copenaghen K - Denmark
phone +45 33743400
fax +45 33743401

www.dfi.dk