logo 2016

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2016 - 15.24 July

Sections & Films

LOSERS

Category: Edition 2016

Synopsis
Elena, Koko, Patso and Gosho are high school students in a small provincial town. They are inseparable friends that share the belief that they are ''losers''. Koko is in love with Elena. The girl wants to be a singer. She is really excited about the visiting concert of a famous rock band. The event shakes up the whole town giving birth to new love affairs, disappointments and complicated relationships. 

Original Title Karatsi
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +18
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2015
Nationality Bulgaria
Directed by Ivaylo Hristov
Screenplay Ivaylo Hristov
Director of photography Emil Hristov
Production Design Mira Kalanova
Sound Svetlosar Georgiev
Music Kiril Donchev
Main cast Deyan Donkov (Niki)
Ovanes Torosian (Koko)
Elena Telbis (Elena)
Plamen Dimov (Patso)
Georgi Gotzin (Gosho)
Produced by Assen Vladimirov

Headshot Ivaylo Hristov1Ivaylo Hristov
Ivaylo Hristov was born in 1955 in Sofia, Bulgaria. He majored in Acting at the National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts, graduating in 1980. Ivaylo Hristov has played more than 50 roles in theatre, and more than twenty in feature films. He has directed 35 different plays and is the winner of numerous awards. Hristov is currently a professor of acting at the National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts in Sofia. He is an author of the book The actor in cinema. He is one of the founders of the prestigious Bulgarian theatre awards, Askeer. In 2006 he directed MY FRIENDS CALL ME UNCLE, followed in 2010 by FOOTSTEPS IN THE SAND. LOSERS is his most recent work.

Director's statement
“The  film is  in black and white .Why? Ted Grant, a brilliant and clever Canadian photographer said: ‘When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!’ We tried to do it. Watch the film because it is funny, it is a bit sad, in other words, a good film I believe”.

production
festival contact
Profilm
(Bulgaria)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

distribuzione internazionale
Films2C
(USA)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.