logo 2015

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2015 - 17.26 July

Sections & Films

MY GRANDFATHER WAS A CHERRY TREE

Category: Edition 2015

Sinossi
A young boy tell us about his views on life and death and about an unusual grandfather, who could listen to the trees breathing and believed that “No one can die if someone still loves him”.

Original Title MY GRANDFATHER WAS A CHERRY TREE
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +18
Tipology Animation, Short Film
Duration 12' 30''
Production Year 2015
Nationality Russia
Directed by Olga Poliektova, Tatiana Poliektova
Screenplay Tatiana Poliektova, Olga Poliektova, Konstantin Fedorov
Sound Vladimir Sukharev
Music Nicola Lerra
Produced by Pavel Smirnov
Access

my-father-was-a-cherry-reg OKOlga Poliektova and Tatiana Poliektova
Olga Poliektova and Tatiana Poliektova, twin sisters were born in St-Petersburg, Russia. After graduating at the University of Cinema and Television in animation and computer graphic, they started to work together as film director duo and animators.  Their diploma animation film “O sole mio!” won the 1st prize for the best film on Moscow Science International Conference of Animation in VGIK, as well as several diplomas for the best graphic design. They made several short animation films (TOMATO STORY, INSPIRATION, NOISE, I SEE YOU, QUAGGA, WARM LIGURIA, NOISE) which took part over then in 100 worldwide festivals and earned over 50 awards. They also make commercial films and in 2010 they were invited to make the video clip for Switzerland Bank in Zurich. In 2013 they made animation film QUAGGA that was awarded as the Best Environmental film in Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (Malaysia), Ecotopfilm 2013 (Slovak Republic). In October 2013 they were invited to join the amazing project “Cantforget.it” Digital Diary Liguria (Italy), where together with other eight talented film directors they made film about Liguria region. MY GRANDFATHER WAS A CHERRY TREE, their most recent work was realized with the support of Ministry of Culture of Russian Federation and it was made after the book of Italian writer Angela Nanetti.

Festival contact
Tatiana, Olga Poliektova
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.