logo 2013

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2013 - 19.28 July

Sections & Films

THE WILD ONES

Category: Edition 2013

Synopsis
Most parents love and care for their children, but also tend to forget how difficult the transition from childhood to adulthood can be. Alex, Gabi and Oki are three teenagers making their way through life in a big city. They are strangers for their parents, their teachers and themselves. What would happen if we could know what they are thinking and what they would like to do? Like any other teenagers, they like to spend their time pushing the limits that their parents and society enforce on them; drinking, fighting and painting graffiti. But nothing could lead us to believe the terrible and unexpected consequences that these kids’ actions and their emotional isolation could end up having on those around them and on all the society.

Sinossi
La maggior parte dei genitori ama e cura i propri figli, ma tende anche a dimenticare quanto difficile possa essere il passaggio dall’infanzia all’età adulta. Alex, Gabi e Oki sono tre adolescenti che vivono in una grande città. Sono degli estranei lontani e incomprensibili per i loro genitori, per i loro insegnanti, e perfino per se stessi. Che cosa accadrebbe se si potesse sapere quello che passa per le loro menti, quello che pensano, quello che amano e vogliono fare? Come tutti gli altri adolescenti, passano il loro tempo bevendo, picchiandosi, facendo graffiti, forzando e superando i limiti nei quali i genitori e la società li chiudono e li imprigionano. Ma niente di tutto questo potrebbe portare a immaginare e ad accettare le terribili e inaspettate conseguenze che le azioni, i comportamenti e l’isolamento emotivo di questi ragazzi avranno su coloro che li circondano e sull’intera società.

Original Title ELS NENS SALVATGES
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +18
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 95'
Production Year 2012
Nationality Spain
Directed by Patricia Ferreira
Screenplay Patricia Ferreira, Virginia Yagüe
Director of photography Sergi Gallardo
Editor Antonio Frutos
Production Design Irene Montcada
Costume Design Marta Wazinger
Sound Jordi Cirbian
Music Pablo Cervantes
Main cast Marina Comas (Oki)
Alex Monner (Alex)
Albert Baró (Gabi)
Aina Clotet (Júlia)
Ana Fernández (Rosa)
José Luis García Pérez (Luis)
Produced by Gonzalo Bendala, Miriam Porté

327Patricia Ferreira
Born in Madrid. She studied Film and Journalism, and worked as a film critic for a TV cinema magazine programme called REVISTA DE CINE. She was an assistant director and independent producer from 1973 to 1983, and produced TV series and documentary features for the Spanish broadcaster TVE from 1984 to 1996. In 1994 she began directing. In 2000 she made her first feature film as a director, I KNOW YOU ARE (SÉ QUIÉN ERES), receiving a Goya Award nomination for Best New Director. Then she directed the feature films THE IMPATIENT ALCHEMIST (EL ALQUIMISTA IMPACIENTE, 2002) and PARA QUE NO ME OLVIDES (2005). THE WILD ONES won the award for Best Film at the Malaga Film Festival 2012.

Patricia Ferreira
Nata a Madrid. Studia cinema e giornalismo, e inizialmente lavora come critico cinematografico per il programma tv REVISTA DE CINE. Dal 1973 al 1983 è assistente regista e produttrice indipendente. Dal 1984 al 1996 produce serie tv e documentari per il canale televisivo spagnolo TVE. Nel 1994 intraprende la carriera di regista. Nel 2000 dirige il suo primo lungometraggio, I KNOW YOU ARE (SÉ QUIÉN ERES), con cui ottiene una candidatura al Premio Goya per il miglior regista esordiente. In seguito dirige i lungometraggi THE IMPATIENT ALCHEMIST (EL ALQUIMISTA IMPACIENTE, 2002) e PARA QUE NO ME OLVIDES (2005). THE WILD ONES ha vinto il premio come miglior film al Malaga Film Festival 2012.

produzione/production
Distinto Films
Áralan Films
Televisió de Catalunya (TVC)
distribuzione internazionale/world sales
festival contact
Filmax International
C/ Miguel Hernández, 81-87, 08908, L’Hospitalet (BCN) - Spain
phone +34 933368555
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.filmaxinternational.com