logo 2012

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2012 - 14.24 July

Sections & Films

FRISSON DES COLLINES

Category: Edition 2012

Synopsis
It’s the summer of 1969. The world is changing fast, and a year of intense social upheaval has just ended. At 12, young Frisson can feel the spirit of discovery awakening inside. He wants to go live in the country with his hero, outlaw biker Tom Faucher. He gets into trouble with his friend, big Thibault, and carries a torch for his teacher. Frisson believes anything is possible, even making it to Woodstock and getting Jimi Hendrix’s autograph. He’ll stop at nothing to get the money he needs for the trip. Against the backdrop of the Age of Aquarius and the first lunar landing, Frisson is coming of age. He’s slowly discovering the joys and disappointments of desire, friendship and love.

Sinossi
Estate del 1969. Il mondo sta cambiando velocemente, e si è appena passati attraverso un anno epocale e rivoluzionario, il Sessantotto. Frisson, 12 anni, sente sbocciare dentro di sé lo spirito della scoperta, e vuole andare a vivere in campagna con il suo idolo, il selvaggio motociclista Tom Faucher. Frisson si mette continuamente nei guai insieme al suo migliore amico, il grosso Thibault, ed è segretamente innamorato della sua maestra. Frisson crede di poter realizzare tutti i suoi desideri, anche raggiungere lo storico concerto di Woodstock e farsi fare un autografo da Jimi Hendrix. Non si fermerà di fronte a nulla, pur di raccogliere i soldi necessari per il viaggio. Sullo sfondo della controcultura, dei figli dei fiori e dello sbarco sulla luna, Frisson vive il suo romanzo di formazione, e crescendo scopre lentamente le gioie e i dolori che nascono dal desiderio, dall’amicizia e dall’amore.

Original Title FRISSON DES COLLINES
Italian Title FRISSON DES COLLINES
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 103’
Production Year 2011
Nationality Canada
Directed by Richard Roy
Screenplay Richard Roy, Michel Michaud
Script Richard Roy
In collaboration with Denis Thériault
Director of photography Yves Bélanger
Editor Michel Arcand
Production Design Jean Bécotte
Costume Design Michèle Hamel
Sound Pierre-Jules Audet
Music Fm Le Sieur
Main cast Antoine Olivier Pilonn (Frisson)
Guillaume Lemay-Thivierge (Tom Faucher)
Antoine Bertrand (Burger)
Évelyne Brochu (Hélène Paradis)
Patrice Robitaille (Aurèle)
Anik Lemay (Lucille)
Produced by Louis-Philippe Rochon

COULISSESRichard Roy
He studied Film in Canada at the Laval University and at the Concordia University. In 1990 he directed his first theatrical feature film, MOODY BEACH, followed by CABOOSE (1996) and CAFÉ OLÉ (2000). He made his directorial TV debut with the series LE MASQUE (1997). Afterwards he directed several TV movies, such as A DEADLY ENCOUNTER (2004), CRIMES OF PASSION (2005), FORBIDDEN SECRETS (2005), FLIRTING WITH DANGER (2006), THRILL OF THE KILL (2006), ABDUCTED: FUGITIVE FOR LOVE (2007), YOU BELONG TO ME (2008), FINAL VERDICT (2009).

Richard Roy
Studia Cinema all’Università Laval e all’Università Concordia, in Canada. Nel 1990 dirige il suo primo lungometraggio, MOODY BEACH, seguito da CABOOSE (1996) e da CAFÉ OLÉ (2000). Debutta come regista televisivo con la miniserie LE MASQUE (1997). In seguito realizza diversi film per la tv, come OVER THE EDGE: OLTRE LA RAGIONE (2004), CRIMES OF PASSION: PASSIONE CRIMINALE (2005), SEGRETI DAL PASSATO (2005), PASSIONI PERICOLOSE (2006), IL PROFUMO DELLA PAURA (2006), DOPPIA TRAPPOLA (2007), DUE VITE PER AMORE (2008), VERDETTO FINALE (2009).

Director’s statement
I’m a great fan of Marcel Pagnol’s films. I love those touching movies, set in the country, full of sunshine and warm breezes, where silences are filled with cicadas buzzing. I wanted to make that kind of film. It’s no coincidence when people say that FRISSON DES COLLINES sounds very “Pagnolesque”. And the time and place depicted in FRISSON DES COLLINES is closely related to many of my own childhood memories, since I grew up in the country. The film draws a lot of inspiration from my own love for Jimi Hendrix, and my childhood in St-Agapit (a hamlet near Quebec City), which became Ste-Agasse and its 932 residents. The fields, the colors, the sun, water and wind, the Buicks and Harleys, the five senses are all in FRISSON DES COLLINES, and it’s how I remember that time. There was nothing to do in those days. I wanted to make it all happy, carefree and, above all, living. We were five kids, and we were far from rich. Like Frisson, I lost my dad at an early age, so I had to grow up faster.
In May 1968, Raoul Vaneigem said: “Who wants a world in which the guarantee that we shall not die of starvation entails the risk of dying of boredom?”. A few years earlier, Pete Townshend sang: “I hope I die before I get old”. Those were the thoughts behind the construction of Tom Faucher. He wants to ride a Harley, live on the road, change the world. In ’69, people really thought they could change the world.
So, all these elements take us exactly where I wanted to go: into a sunny film, a vacation film where you hear the crickets, a feel-good movie that makes you happy, a movie that, I hope, will touch and entertain audiences.

Dichiarazioni del regista
Amo molto il cinema di Marcel Pagnol. Adoro i suoi film emozionanti, ambientati in campagna, pieni di sole e di vento caldo, con il silenzio che si mescola al frinire delle cicale. È il genere di film che volevo fare. Non è un caso che la gente definisca “pagnolesco” FRISSON DES COLLINES. Il tempo e lo spazio rappresentati in FRISSON DES COLLINES sono strettamente legati ai miei ricordi d’infanzia, poiché anch’io sono cresciuto in campagna. Il film ha tratto ispirazione dal mio amore per Jimi Hendrix, e dalla la mia infanzia a St-Agapit (un borgo vicino Quebec City), che è poi diventato Ste-Agesse, un paese di 932 abitanti. I campi, i colori, il sole, l’acqua e il vento, le Buick e le Harley, i cinque sensi, sono tutti in FRISSON DES COLLINES, ed è così che ricordo quei tempi. Non c’era niente da fare in quei giorni. Desideravo solo la felicità, la spensieratezza e, soprattutto, vivere. Eravamo cinque figli, e non eravamo certo ricchi. Come Frisson, ho perso mio padre in tenera età, per questo sono cresciuto in fretta.
Nel maggio del 1968, Raoul Vaneigem disse: “Chi vuole un mondo in cui la garanzia di non morire di fame implichi il rischio di morire di noia?”. Qualche anno dopo, Pete Townshend cantava: “Spero di morire prima di diventare vecchio”. Questi pensieri hanno ispirato il personaggio di Tom Faucher, che vuole cavalcare una Harley, vivere sulla strada, cambiare il mondo. Nel ’69 la gente credeva davvero di poter cambiare il mondo.
Tutti questi elementi conducono esattamente dove volevo arrivare: a un film solare, un film brioso dove si sentono i grilli, un film ottimista che elargisce felicità, un film che, mi auguro, emozionerà e divertirà gli spettatori.

produzione/production
Solofilms
1 rue McGill, bureau 404, Montréal, Québec H2Y 4A3 - Canada
phone +1 5149040210
www.frissondescollines.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
distribuzione internazionale/world sales
festival contact

Entertainment One Films International
www.eonefilms.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.