logo 2010

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2010 - 18.31 July

Sections & Films

HERE COMES LOLA!

Category: Edition 2010

Synopsis

Lola is a bright and lively 9 year-old from Hamburg who has a passion for Brazilian music, a fear of frogs, lots of imagination and a big wish: she wants a best friend. Lola’s Brazilian dad sings, dances and runs a restaurant; her mom is called Viktualia; and her aunt Lisbeth is only 2 years old. All this is hard to top even if Lola turns into famous pop star Jacky Jones in her dreams. Giving concerts to adoring crowds, driving around in a stretch-limo, buying a house for her parents: her dream life is all about fame and glitter. In her real life, however, something important is missing: a best friend. At her new school Lola meets the strange girl Flo, who smells of fish and teases Lola about her fear of frogs. Lola refuses to even consider Flo as a potential friend. So she sends her dearest wish up into the sky tied to the end of a balloon, and gets back a mysterious message in a bottle…

Sinossi

Amburgo. Lola, 9 anni, è una bimba brillante e vivace con la passione per la musica brasiliana, la fobia per le rane, tanta immaginazione, e un sogno: avere una vera amica. Il papà di Lola è brasiliano, canta, balla e gestisce un ristorante, la madre si chiama Viktualia, e la zia Lisbeth ha solo 2 anni. Tutto ciò è difficile da sopportare, anche se nei suoi sogni Lola si trasforma nella celebre pop star Jacky Jones. Dare concerti per folle adoranti, viaggiare su una limousine, comprare una casa ai suoi genitori: la vita dei suoi sogni è tutta fama e ricchezza. Nella vita reale però le manca qualcosa di importante: un’amica vera. Nella sua nuova scuola, Lola incontra una strana ragazza, Flo, che puzza di pesce e la deride per la sua fobia delle rane. Lola si rifiuta di vedere Flo come una possibile amica. Così affida il suo sogno al cielo, legato a un palloncino, e riceve un misterioso messaggio in bottiglia…

Original Title HIER KOMMT LOLA!
Italian Title ECCO A VOI LOLA!
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +6
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2010
Nationality Germany
Directed by Franziska Buch
Screenplay Vanessa Walder, Uschi Reich
Based on the book "Here Comes Lola!" ("Hier kommt Lola!")
by Isabel Abedi
Director of photography Bella Halben
Editor Barbara von Weitershausen
Production Design Susann Bieling
Costume Design Katrin Aschendorf
Music Youki Yamamoto
Main cast Meira Durand (Lola)
Felina Czycykowski (Flo)
Fernando Spengler (Fabio “Papai” Veloso)
Julia Jentsch (Viktualia “Vicky” Veloso)
Nora Tschirner (Penelope)
Axel Prahl (Felix)
Produced by Bernd Krause, Uschi Reich

here comes lola regFranziska Buch
Born in Stuttgart in 1960. After studying Philosophy and German, she moved on to the Munich Academy of TV and Film in 1986. There she made the short film DIE ORDNUNG DER DINGE. Her graduation film THE UNCERTAIN SITUATION OF PARADISE (DIE UNGEWISSE LAGE DES PARADIESES) was shown in cinemas in 1993. At the Ophüls Festival Saarbrücken 2000, she won the prize for the Best Film for ‘GET OUTA HERE (VERSCHWINDE VON HIER). The feature EMIL AND THE DETECTIVES (EMIL UND DIE DETEKTIVE) won the Bavarian Film Award 2002 for screenplay. She also wrote the screenplay for THE FLYING CLASSROOM (DAS FLIEGENDE KLASSENZIMMER, 2003), directed by Tomy Wigand. In 2004 she directed BIBI BLOCKSBERG AND THE SECRET OF THE BLUE OWLS (BIBI BLOCKSBERG UND DAS GEHEIMNIS DER BLAUEN EULEN).

Franziska Buch
Nata a Stoccarda nel 1960, studia Filosofia e Tedesco. Nel 1986 si iscrive alla Scuola di Cinema e Televisione di Monaco: lì dirige il corto DIE ORDNUNG DER DINGE. Il suo film di diploma THE UNCERTAIN SITUATION OF PARADISE (DIE UNGEWISSE LAGE DES PARADIESES) viene distribuito nelle sale nel 1993. All’Ophüls Festival di Saarbrücken 2000, riceve il premio per il miglior film con ‘GET OUTA HERE (VERSCHWINDE VON HIER). Il successivo EMIL AND THE DETECTIVES (EMIL UND DIE DETEKTIVE) le vale il Bavarian Film Award 2002 per la sceneggiatura. Scrive poi THE FLYING CLASSROOM (DAS FLIEGENDE KLASSENZIMMER, 2003) di Tomy Wigand. Nel 2004 gira BIBI BLOCKSBERG AND THE SECRET OF THE BLUE OWLS (BIBI BLOCKSBERG UND DAS GEHEIMNIS DER BLAUEN EULEN).

Director’s statement
“I enjoy working with children simply because I like children. They have a number of qualities that as adults we often do not have anymore - and for this reason it is a pleasure to work with them. Moreover, I find it really important to give children some good books and movies along their educational path. There are many writers who enriched my childhood immensely (Lindgren, Kastner and many others) and I owe them a lot. These authors conveyed deepness to my gaze on the world and life as a child, and they encouraged me to believe that life is an adventure that I could brave. This is what I would like to convey”.

Dichiarazione del regista
“Mi piace lavorare con i bambini semplicemente perché mi piacciono i bambini. Hanno tutta una serie di qualità che noi adulti spesso non abbiamo più – e già soltanto per questo, è un piacere lavorare con loro. D'altra parte, trovo davvero importante offrire ai bambini buona letteratura e bei film lungo il loro percorso formativo. Io stessa ho degli scrittori e delle scrittrici che hanno arricchito immensamente la mia infanzia (Lindgren, Kastner e molti altri) e ai quali devo moltissimo. Questi autori hanno conferito una profondità maggiore al mio sguardo infantile sul mondo e sulla vita e mi hanno incoraggiato a credere che la vita è un'avventura alla quale poter far fronte. Questo è ciò che vorrei trasmettere”.

Production
Bavaria Filmverleih- und Produktions GmbH
Bavariafilmplatz 7, 82031 Geiselgasteig – Germany
phone +49 8964992873
fax +49 8964993143
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.bavaria-film.de

World sales
Festival contact
Bavaria Film International
Bavariafilmplatz 7, 82031 Geiselgasteig – Germany
phone +49 8964992686
fax +49 8964993720
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.bavaria-film-international.de