logo 2010

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2010 - 18.31 July

Sections & Films

THE CROCODILES STRIKE BACK

Category: Edition 2010

Synopsis

Summer vacation, the first tender stirrings of romance and new gang headquarters: life could be perfect for the Crocodiles, were there not strange goings-on in the plant where Olli and Maria’s parents work. The factory is facing lay-offs and maybe even closure, meaning their parents may lose their jobs, even their home. That would spell the end of the Crocodiles: if Olli and Maria have to move, there would be no gang left for Hannes, Kai, Jorgo, Frank and Peter, either! So the Crocodiles would do anything to get to the bottom of the mysterious series of accidents at the plant, including hair-raising stunts and chases, secretive sleuthing, and even going so far as to get a makeover from Kai’s annoying big-city cousin Jenny, so they can go undercover at the hippest nightclub in town. The Crocodiles put the pedal to the metal and race full speed ahead, on bikes and souped-up wheelchairs, into their next adventure!

Sinossi

L’estate, le vacanze, i primi teneri slanci di romanticismo, un nuovo quartier generale per la banda: la vita dei Coccodrilli sembra perfetta, finché non cominciano a verificarsi strani fenomeni nella fabbrica in cui lavorano i genitori di due membri del gruppo, Olli e Maria. L’azienda si trova ad affrontare licenziamenti e forse anche la chiusura: ciò significa che i genitori di Olli e Marie potrebbero perdere il lavoro e persino la casa. Tutto questo segnerebbe la fine dei Coccodrilli: se Olli e Marie dovessero trasferirsi, non ci sarebbe più nessuna banda per Hannes, Kai, Jorgo, Frank e Peter. Così i Coccodrilli sono pronti a tutto pur di arrivare al fondo della misteriosa serie di incidenti accaduti alla fabbrica: affrontano acrobazie, inseguimenti e pedinamenti e - per poter continuare le indagini nel locale più raffinato della città - si lasciano persino risistemare il look dall’insopportabile cugina di Kai arrivata dalla città. I Coccodrilli spingono il pedale al massimo e sfrecciano a tutta velocità, su biciclette e sedie a rotelle truccate, verso una nuova avventura.

Original Title VORSTADTKROKODILE 2
Italian Title LA BANDA DEI COCCODRILLI INDAGA
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +10
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 90'
Production Year 2010
Nationality Germany
Directed by Christian Ditter
Screenplay Neil Ennever, Christian Ditter
Based on the book "Crocodiles" ("Vorstadtkrokodile")
by Max von der Grün
Director of photography Christian Rein
Editor Ueli Christen
Production Design Eva Stiebler
Costume Design Caro Sattler
Sound Andreas Wölki
Music Heiko Maile
Main cast Nick Romeo Reimann (Hannes)
Fabian Halbig (Kai)
Leonie Tepe (Maria)
Manuel Steitz (Olli)
Javidan Imani (Jorgo)
Robin Walter (Peter)
Produced by Christian Becker, Lena Olbrich

the crocodiles strike back regChristian Ditter
Born 1977, Giessen (Germany). He studied Directing at the University of TV and Film of Munich. His student shorts ENCHANTED (VERZAUBERT, 2000) and GROUNDED (2003) won numerous awards at national and international film festivals. His debut feature FRENCH FOR BEGINNERS (FRANZÖSISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER) hit the top ranks in the German box office charts in summer of 2006. He moved on to directing several episodes of TV series TURKISH FOR BEGINNERS (TÜRKISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER, 2007) and DOCTOR’S DIARY (2008), which both won numerous national and international awards. THE CROCODILES STRIKE BACK is the sequel of THE CROCODILES (2009), which was screened at GFF in Elements +6 section.

Christian Ditter
Nato nel 1977 a Giess, in Germania. Ha studiato Regia all’Università di Cinema e Televisione di Monaco. Durante gli studi, ha realizzato i cortometraggi ENCHANTED (VERZAUBERT, 2000) e GROUNDED (2003), per i quali ha ricevuto numerosi premi in Germania e all’estero. Il suo primo lungometraggio, FRENCH FOR BEGINNERS - LEZIONI D’AMORE (FRANZÖSISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER) è stato un grande successo ai botteghini tedeschi. In seguito ha diretto diversi episodi delle pluripremiate serie tv TURKISH FOR BEGINNERS (TÜRKISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER, 2007) e DOCTOR’S DIARY (2008). THE CROCODILES STRIKE BACK è il sequel di THE CROCODILES (2009), presentato al GFF 2009 nella sezione Elements +6.

Director’s statement
“THE CROCODILES STRIKE BACK for me is the ultimate story about kid’s power when they work together as a team – and to my mind that’s exactly the spirit of the Giffoni Festival! So there's no better place to show the film than here at Giffoni!”.

Dichiarazioni del regista
“THE CROCODILES STRIKE BACK è un film con cui dico la mia ultima parola sulla forza che i bambini esprimono quando agiscono uniti, come una squadra – e penso che questo sia proprio lo spirito del Giffoni Film Festival! Perciò, per presentare il mio film non c’è posto migliore di Giffoni!”.

Production
Westside Filmproduktion GmbH
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.westside-film.de

--

Rat Pack Filmproduktion GmbH
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.ratpack-film.de

World sales
Delphis Films Inc.
225 Roy St. East, suite 200, Montreal, Quebec – Canada H2W 1M5
www.delphisfilms.com

Festival contact
Renate Zylla