logo 2009

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2009 - 12.25 July

Sections & Films

THE CROCODILES

Category: Edition 2009

Synopsis

Ten-year-old Hannes, growing up with his young, poor and single mother wants to join the coolest gang in the area, the Vorstadtkrokodile (“Suburban ’Gators”). When the ‘entry test’ goes wrong, Hannes’s life is saved by Kai, who is desperate to join too but is wheelchair bound and unable to even run away when things get hot. Hannes would accept Kai but the other gang members don’t seem happy to accept a handicapped member. Finally Kai has something to offer. One night a shop is robbed and Kai sees the robbers with his telescope. This is his chance to give some important information to the Crocodiles who want to catch the robbers and gain the € 1000 reward. The Crocodiles and their new member will embark on a big and dangerous adventure.

Sinossi

Hannes, 10 anni, vive con sua madre – povera, giovanissima e single – e vuole a tutti i costi entrare a far parte della gang più cool del quartiere, quella dei Coccodrilli di Periferia. Durante il test di ingresso, Hannes rischia la vita, ma viene salvato da Kai, un altro ragazzo che vorrebbe unirsi al gruppo ma che, costretto su una sedia a rotelle, non potrebbe certo correre nel caso in cui la situazione lo rendesse necessario. Hannes vorrebbe accettarlo comunque nella gang, mentre gli altri non sembrano felici all’idea di avere un disabile tra loro. Una notte, un negozio viene rapinato e Kai spia i ladri con il suo telescopio. Questa è l’occasione che aspettava: può dare informazioni importanti ai Coccodrilli che progettano di catturare i malviventi e intascare la ricompensa di 1000 euro. I Coccodrilli e il loro nuovo membro si ritroveranno così a vivere un grande e pericolosa avventura.

Original Title VORSTADTKROKODILE
Italian Title LA BANDA DEI COCCODRILLI
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +6
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 97'
Production Year 2009
Nationality Germany
Directed by Christian Ditter
Screenplay Christian Ditter, Martin Ritzenhoff
Based on the book "The Crocodiles" ("Vorstadtkrokodile")
by Max von der Grün
Director of photography Christian Rein
Editor Ueli Christen
Production Design Eva Stiebler
Costume Design Janne Birck
Sound Mario Hubert, Heiko Müller, Chris Rebay
Music Heiko Maile
Main cast Nick Romeo Reimann (Hannes)
Fabian Halbig (Kai)
Leonie Tepe (Maria)
Manuel Steitz (Olli)
Javidan Imani (Jorgo)
Robin Walter (Peter)
Produced by Christian Becker, Lena Olbrich, Anita Schneider

the crocodiles regChristian Ditter
Christian studied directing at the University of Television and Film Munich. His student shorts ENCHANTED and GROUNDED received numerous awards at national and international film festivals and his debut feature FRENCH FOR BEGINNERS (FRANZÖSISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER) hit the top ranks in the German box office charts in the summer of 2006. He moved on to directing several episodes of the TV series TURKISH FOR BEGINNERS (TÜRKISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER) and DOCTOR’S DIARY, which both won numerous national and international awards.

Christian Ditter
Christian ha studiato regia all’università di Televisione e Cinema di Monaco. Durante i suoi studi, ha realizzato i cortometraggi ENCHANTED e GROUNDED, per i quali ha ricevuto numerosi premi nazionali e internazionali. Il suo primo lungometraggio, FRENCH FOR BEGINNERS (FRANZÖSISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER, 2006), si è rivelato un vero successo al botteghino in Germania. In seguito, Christian ha diretto diversi episodi delle pluripremiate serie televisive KEBAB FOR BREAKFAST (TÜRKISCH FÜR ANFÄNGER) e DOCTOR’S DIARY.

Director’s statement
“Filming THE CROCODILES was the most thrilling experience for me. I was very lucky that I could make the film I've dreamed of when I was a kid: full of adventure, action and humor and still with a theme that stays with you after the film is over. I'm looking forward very much to share my excitement with the Giffoni Audience!".

Dichiarazioni del regista
"Girare LA BANDA DEI CROCODILLI è stata la mia esperienza più entusiasmante. Sono stato molto fortunato, perché ho potuto realizzare il film che sognavo fin da quando ero bambino: pieno di avventura, azione, umorismo, e con un tema che resta con te anche dopo la fine della proiezione. Non vedo l’ora di condividere la mia eccitazione con il pubblico di Giffoni!".

Production
Festival contact
Westside Filmproduktion GmbH
Moerser Str. 170, D-47803 Krefeld - Germany
phone +49 21516266620
fax +49 21516266629
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.westside-film.de

World sales
Rat Pack Filmproduktion GmbH
Beethovenplatz 2, D-80336 Munich - Germany
phone +49 89121148700
fax +49 89121148777
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.ratpack-film.de