logo 2009

GIFFONI EXPERIENCE 2009 - 12.25 July

Sections & Films

OPPOSITE DAY

Category: Edition 2009

Synopsis

Nine year old Sammy and his 8 year old sister Clara go on holiday with their grandparents when their overworked parents are unable to take them. On the first night of their mountain vacation Sammy makes a childlike wish “I wish kids ruled the world”. Little did he know what was yet to happen. Back in town Sammy’s friend Chas is being used as part of his father’s ambitious experiment to decode the language of babies, but the experiment goes wildly wrong. When the machine being used explodes, a thrust of energy and elements are released into the town and the personalities of kids and adults reverse, resulting in town ruled by kids.

Sinossi

Sammy, 9 anni, e la sorellina Clara, 8, vanno in vacanza con i nonni, dal momento che i genitori sono troppo impegnati per accompagnarli. Durante la prima notte di vacanza in montagna, Sammy esprime un desiderio infantile: “Vorrei che i bambini dominassero il mondo”. Non ha idea di cosa stia per accadere: in città l’amico di Sammy, Chas, viene coinvolto nell’ambizioso esperimento del padre scienziato, che intende decodificare il linguaggio dei neonati. Purtroppo i suoi tentativi falliscono, la macchina usata per l’esperimento esplode, e nell’aria viene rilasciata un’energia che provoca un incredibile fenomeno: le personalità di adulti e bambini si invertono, e la città si ritrova governata dai più piccoli.

Original Title OPPOSITE DAY
Category Out of competition
Section Special Events
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 88'
Production Year 2009
Nationality USA
Directed by R. Michael Givens
Screenplay Max Botkin
Script Max Botkin
Director of photography R. Michael Givens
Editor Jonathan Cates
Production Design Jonathan A. Carlson
Costume Design Laura Galli
Music Misha Segal
Main cast Pauly Shore (Robert Benson)
Renée Taylor (Martha Benson)
French Stewart (Godfrey)
Dick Van Patten (Jack Benson)
Ariel Winter (Carla Benson)
George Wendt
Produced by Jamee Natella, Steven Paul

opposite day regR. Michael Givens
Director, cinematographer, photographer, Michael has an extensive feature film and commercial production experience at both the national and international levels. A graduate of Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California, Michael began his career as a still photographer. Fulfilling assignments for many publications, he found his niche in the fashion and music industries. Subsequently, he moved into film, becoming a Director of Photography for such noted directors as Ridley Scott, Steven Friers, Philip Borsos and Peter Smilie. After guiding his career in the camera department of 35 feature films and hundreds of commercials he moved to the field of directing. OPPOSITE DAY is the first feature he directed.

R. Michael Givens
Regista, operatore e fotografo, Michael ha una grande esperienza a livello nazionale e internazionale nella produzione di spot pubblicitari e film. Diplomato al Brooks Institute of Photography di Santa Barbara, in California, Michael comincia la sua carriera artistica come fotografo. Dopo aver realizzato diverse pubblicazioni, si concentra soprattutto sulla moda e sul mondo della musica. In seguito passa al cinema, diventando direttore della fotografia e lavorando con registi del calibro di Ridley Scott, Steven Friers, Philip Borsos e Peter Smilie. Dopo aver partecipato a ben 35 film e a centinaia di spot, decide di occuparsi anche di regia. OPPOSITE DAY è il suo primo lungometraggio.

Production
Opposite Day

World sales
Festival contact
Crystal Sky
www.crystalsky.com