logo 2007

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2007 - 10.21 July

Sections & Films

THE CRUMBS – A VERY CRUMBY CHRISTMAS

Category: Edition 2007

Synopsis

Crumb is the only one in the family who believes in Santa Claus. Everyone else thinks he’s just being childish and they are all too busy with other things to enjoy the Christmas prelude. But Santa needs Crumb. Santa has given his Christmas Book away the year before and never got it back. The recipe for Christmas pudding is in the book and without pudding Santa loses his magic powers. Crumb stumbles on the book in a thrift store and right away he knows it's something special.

Original Title KRUMMERNE – SÅ ER DET JUL IGEN
Italian Title CRUMMY E LA RICETTA DI BABBO NATALE
Category Official Competition
Section Kidz
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 82'
Production Year 2006
Nationality Denmark
Directed by Morten Lorentzen
Screenplay John Stefan Olsen
Based on the book ""
by Thøger Birkeland
Director of photography Henrik Jongdahl
Editor Martin Bernfeld, Henrik Fleischer
Production Design Viggo Bentzon
Costume Design Signe Sejlund
Sound Søren Bjerregaard-Ryan
Music Simon Ravn
Main cast Jamie Morton (Crumb/Crummy)
Dick Kaysø (il padre/father)
Vibeke Hastrup (la madre/mother)
Neel Rønholt (Stine)
Julius Viktor Bundgaard (Grunk)
Waage Sandø (Babbo Natale/Santa Claus)
Produced by Regner Grasten

the crumbs regMorten Lorentzen

Born in 1960 in Denmark. He has made commercials and music videos since 1984. He has acted on stage, for film and television, and has directed two feature films: HULLER I SUPPEN (HOLES IN THE SOAP, 1988, co-directed with Povl Erik Carstensen) and CASANOVA (1990).

Director’s statement

“The Crumbs Family is well known in Denmark. The first three films was directed by the now late Sven Methling and the films were massive blockbuster hits in the cinemas. When the producer asked me to do the fourth film, I insisted in making it more realistic and less slapstick comedy. I wanted heavier problems in the conflict for our main character, the boy. I got the idea that Santa Claus could die to raise the stakes. The producer nearly got a heart attack. The idea was to make a real Santa Claus who had big problems and needed help from a human being that really believes in him. He finds that in Crumb and together they try to save the Christmas”.

Production
Regner Grasten Filmproduktion A/S
Sølvgade 20, DK-1307 København K - Denmark
phone +45 33323369
fax +45 33323389
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

World sales
Nordisk Film International Sales
Mosedalvej 14, 2500 Valby - Denmark
phone +45 36188200
fax +45 36189550
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.nordiskfilmsales.com

Festival contact
The Danish Film Institute
Gothersgade 55, 1123 Copenhagen K – Denmark
phone +45 33743400
fax +45 33743445

www.dfi.dk