logo 2007

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2007 - 10.21 July

Sections & Films

KEITH

Category: Edition 2007

Synopsis

Natalie is beautiful, smart, motivated. She’s an ultra-success: honour student, star athlete, the high school's social queen. Since childhood her future has been overseen by her parents. On the eve of graduation she’s ready to conquer the world. Then Keith enters her life. An impulsive risk-taker, Keith have disregard for the system Natalie’s trapped in. Keith lures her on wild adventures in his pickup truck, questioning the status quo of her life. While he manages to expose her, in return he divulges nothing about himself. The more secretive Keith’s about himself, the more Natalie becomes intrigued with figuring out who he really is. In her head Natalie’s determined to keep Keith at arms' length but in her heart she finds herself unable to stop falling for him. When Keith disappears, Natalie's world is turned upside down. What she discovers is a secret that will change them both forever.

Original Title KEITH
Italian Title KEITH
Category Official Competition
Section Y Gen
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 92'
Production Year 2006
Nationality USA
Directed by Todd Kessler
Screenplay David Zabel, Todd Kessler
Based on the book "Keith" (short story)
by Ron Carlson
Director of photography Darko Suvak
Editor Cara Silverman, Christopher Kroll
Production Design Kristan Andrews
Costume Design Rachel Sage
Music Tree Adams
Main cast Jesse McCartney (Keith)
Elisabeth Harnois (Natalie)
Margo Harshman (Brooke)
Ignacio Serricchio (Rafael)
Michael McGrady (Pete)
Jennifer Grey (Caroline)
Produced by Rebecca Hobbs, Todd Kessler

keith regTodd Kessler

He is co-creator and show-runner of BLUE’S CLUES, one of the most successful series in the history of children’s television. He directed the pilot. To date he has completed 150 episodes which air in 30 countries. His work has garnered him the Peabody Award, 7 Emmy nominations, 2 Television Critics Association awards, 5 Parent’s Choice awards. He taught himself filmmaking through hands-on experience in every aspect of the craft. In 2005, on the advice of his teenage children who complained that there were no good films for them, he optioned the short story Keith and developed the project into this feature.

Director’s statement

“The first time I read the short story Keith, I realized the name Keith would be forever linked to that character for me. Keith was so powerful and provocative, I was certain I’d never again be able to meet someone with that name and not think of Ron Carlson’s fictional character. It was then that I knew I had to make a movie of this story. 5 years later it’s done. So many films for teenagers are hyped-up and unreal. My goal for KEITH was to tell a straight, honest, and direct story, without preaching or moralizing. I believe teenagers are in many ways more sophisticated and discerning than adults. They don’t like being told what to think. They don’t buy into simplistic answers. They like to dig into complex things and draw their own conclusions”.

Production

Festival contact
No Hands Productions
6137 Lindenhurst Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90048 - USA
phone +1 9176931895
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

World sales
Conquistador
606 No Larchmont #112, Los Angeles, CA 90004 - USA
phone +1 3234648464
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.conquistador-ent.com