logo 2006

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2006 - 14.22 July

Sections & Films

NEVER AGAIN LIKE BEFORE

Category: Edition 2006

Synopsis

After their final high school examination, Giulia, Martina, Fava, Lorenzo, Enrico, and Max – a disabled boy who is sensible and self-ironic – set out on an adventurous trip on the mountains. Immerged in nature and its unforeseeable phenomena, the teenagers will learn to take care of themselves and to take important decisions for their own lives and for other people’s lives. When they come back to town they completely different people.

Original Title MAI + COME PRIMA
Italian Title MAI + COME PRIMA
Category Out of competition
Section Reload - Scent of Italy
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 106'
Production Year 2005
Nationality Italy
Directed by Giacomo Campiotti
Screenplay Giacomo Campiotti, Aleksandr Adabashyan
Script Giacomo Campiotti
Director of photography Duccio Cimatti
Editor Joe Walzer, Fabio Nunziata
Production Design Alessandro Vannucci, Peter Kaser
Costume Design Alexandra Toesca
Sound Massimo Simonetti
Music Corrado Carosio, Pierangelo Fornaro
Main cast Laura Chiatti (Giulia)
Natalia Piatti (Martina)
Federico Battilocchio (Fava)
Nicola Cipolla (Max)
Marco Velluti (Lorenzo)
Marco Casu (Enrico)
Produced by Giacomo Campiotti
Access

never again like before regGiacomo Campiotti

Born in 1957 in Varese, after his studies in Pedagogy, he works in street theatre directing several shows. He works also as assistant director for Mario Monicelli. His first short films, among which THREE WOMEN, are produced by Ermanno Olmi. In the 80s Giacomo makes videos for RAI programmes such as LE VIE DEL SUCCESSO and TRENT’ANNI DELLA NOSTRA STORIA. His first feature film, SPRING RUN (l.t.) (1990) received the first prize at the GFF 1990. The second film LIKE TWO CROCODILES (1994) is another success. In 1995 Campiotti is a t the GFF as co-ordinator of the young jury. His following films are A TIME TO LOVE (1999), the TV series DOCTOR ZHIVAGO (2002), and the TV movie THE WAR ON THE MOUNTAINS (l.t.) (2006).

Director’s statement

“This is a film I strongly connected with. It is not totally based on my own experience but is surely related to many of my memories. When I was young a friend of mine died when we were on the mountains and I had a handicapped friend who spent the holidays with us: we often took him on our back. It is a film I thought about for thirty years, but never made before now, because I didn’t want it to be too autobiographic. I filtered my memories and my emotions through real young people. We can also say that it is a film about freedom”.

Production
Prana Film

World sales
Italian distribution
Festival contact
Medusa
Via Aurelia Antica n. 422-424, 00165 Roma - Italy
www.medusa.it