logo 2006

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2006 - 14.22 July

Sections & Films

GARFIELD: A TAIL OF TWO KITTIES

Category: Edition 2006

Synopsis

Garfield has begun his British Invasion, wreaking havoc on the entire Kingdom. He's traveled across the pond (with canine sidekick Odie) to surprise his master, Jon, who is in London to propose to his girlfriend, veterinarian Liz. Garfield came...he saw…he conquered: Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and his new favorite dish: minced pie. As befitting as adventure worthy of a feline phenomenon, Garfield has switched places with Prince, a royal cat who has just inherited a castle. Now in the grand estate Garfield now calls home, he's receiving the royal treatment, including an array of four-legged servants. It's a life fit for a king--even though Garfield is only a prince; in fact, he's the real Prince and the Paw-purr. Uneasy is the head, however, that wears the crown. Lord Dargis, who is next in line to inherit the estate, wants Prince/Garfield out of the picture. And Garfield finds his bigger, better, more purr-fect world turned upside down in this tale of two kitties.

Original Title GARFIELD: A TAIL OF TWO KITTIES
Italian Title GARFIELD 2
Category Out of competition
Section Premiere
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 80'
Production Year 2006
Nationality USA
Directed by Tim Hill
Screenplay Joel Cohen, Alec Sokolow
Based on the comic books by Jim Davis
Director of photography Peter Lyons Collister
Editor Peter S. Elliot
Production Design Tony Burrough
Costume Design Francine Jamison-Tanchuck
Music Christophe Beck
Original Voices Bill Murray (Garfield)
Main cast Breckin Meyer (Jon)
Jennifer Love Hewitt (Liz)
Billy Connolly (Dargis)
Ian Abercrombie (Smithee)
Roger Rees (Mr. Hobbs)
Italian Voices Fiorello (Garfield)
Produced by John Davis
Access

garfield 2 regTim Hill

Tim Hill grew up in Oakland, California and studied French Literature at Berkeley University. He began his career writing and performing, as a comedian, in off Broadway theatres in New York. Then he began to work on TV animated series for Disney and above all Nickelodeon. For Nickelodeon he co-wrote the SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS series, he wrote, directed and produced the series ACTION LEAGUE NOW!, and directed the series SKEETER and WELCOME FRESHMEN. At the moment he is writing the story for the animated film based on “The seagull Jonathan Livingston” and with his wife he is developing a sitcom for the ABC Family channel. For the big screen he directed MUPPETS FROM SPACE and MAX KEEBLE’S BIG MOVE.

Director’s statement

“I did some research on the web and I found out that there are many rich people who leave their animals big legacies. I liked this aspect as a starting point for the story. I also appreciated the British contest of the story. In England, Garfield is not only a fish out of water but he is like a bull in a china shop”.

Production
Davis Entertainment

World sales
20th Century Fox

Italian distribution
Festival contact
20th Century Fox
Via Salaria, 1021 Pal. A, 00138 Roma - Italy
phone +39 06 881751
fax +39 06 88520886
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.20thfox.it