logo 2005

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2005 - 16.23 July

Sections & Films

ONCE YOU’RE BORN YOU CAN NO LONGER HIDE

Category: Edition 2005

Synopsis

Thirteen year old Sandro is the privileged son of a wealthy entrepreneur in a northern Italian city. During a sailing trip in the Mediterranean he falls overboard and disappear. Sandro is rescued by a fishing boat full of refugees trying to land illegally on the Italian coast. During the trip, a Romanian family takes care of him. When he arrived to Italian coast, Sandro can meet his parents again, but something is changed. He wants to help his new friends to stay in Italy and have a decent life. He asks his parents to adopt them and after an hesitation they accept. It seems possible to adopt Alina who is still a child while Radu is of age and has to come back to his country.

Original Title QUANDO SEI NATO NON PUOI PIÙ NASCONDERTI
Italian Title QUANDO SEI NATO NON PUOI PIÙ NASCONDERTI
Category Out of competition
Section Reload
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 115'
Production Year 2005
Nationality Italy
Directed by Marco Tullio Giordana
Screenplay Marco Tullio Giordana, Sandro Petraglia, Stefano Rulli
Based on the book "Quando sei nato non puoi più nasconderti"
by Maria Pace Ottieri
Director of photography Roberto Forza
Editor Roberto Missiroli
Production Design Giancarlo Basili
Costume Design Maria Rita Barbera
Sound Luca Anzellotti
Main cast Matteo Gadola (Sandro)
Alessio Boni (Bruno)
Michela Cescon (Lucia)
Rodolfo Corsato (Popi)
Ester Hazan (Alina)
Vlad Alexandru Toma (Radu)
Produced by Marco Chimenz, Fabio Conversi, Riccardo Tozzi

once youre born regMarco Tullio Giordana

Born in 1950 in Milan. In 1980 he directed his first film, TO LOVE THE DAMNED, and in 1981 LA CADUTA DEGLI ANGELI RIBELLI. For the Italian TV Rai 2 he directed NOTTI E NEBBIE (1983). In 1988 he directed APPUNTAMENTO A LIVERPOOL, and in 1991 LA NEVE SUL FUOCO, episodes of the film ESPECIALLY ON SUNDAY. In 1995 he shot PASOLINI, AN ITALIAN CRIME. Then he signed SCARPETTE BIANCHE (1996) and LA ROVINA DELLA PATRIA (1997). THE HUNDRED STEPS (2000), the story of Peppino Impastato killed by mafia, is in competition at the Venice Festival. In 2004 he directed THE BEST OF YOUTH (2004) a film of six hours for TV and theatre that tells, through the story of the protagonists, the history of Italy from Sixties to nowadays. ONCE YOU’RE BORN YOU CAN NO LONGER HIDE (2005) has been selected in Cannes.

Director’s statement

“All my last movies were about the ‘70s, which I consider a sort of ‘workshop’ of present Italy. I wanted to make a film about the present, I thought to draw my inspiration from one of the social phenomenon which most concern us: the irruption of emigrants in our life. The phenomenon which has changed most the aspect of our cities and the tissue of our relationships”.

Produzione
Cattleya
Raicinema
Babe
Studio Canal
Aquarius Film Companies

World sales
Italian distribution
Festival contact
01 Distribution
Piazza Adriana 12, 00193 Roma – Italy
phone +39 06 684701
fax +39 06 6872141
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.01distribution.it