logo 2005

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2005 - 16.23 July

Sections & Films

THE COLOR OF MILK

Category: Edition 2005

Synopsis

Selma (12) thinks that boys, and later on men, are nothing but trouble. For Selma, love spells disaster, a natural catastrophe that took her mother’s life when Selma was born. Her aunt and boyfriend have been meaning to get married for years. But, as soon as they set the date they start having the most tremendous rows, with the upshot that the priest has to be sent home and the wedding party called off. For this reason, Selma is determined not to have anything to do with love. But if love can’t be trusted, the intellect can. Science is the solution and a Nobel Prize is the goal. But her world is rocked when she meets Andy, a boy of the same age who is also interested in science, or at least pretends that he is. But is it even possible to meet on a purely intellectual level when you are 12 years old and all your hormones are going berserk?

Original Title IKKE NAKEN
Category Official Competition
Section Free to Fly
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 91'
Production Year 2004
Nationality Norway
Directed by Torun Lian
Screenplay Torun Lian
Based on the book "Ikke Naken"
by Torun Lian
Director of photography John Christian Rosenlund
Editor Stian Johnsen
Production Design Odd Ween
Costume Design Anne Pedersen
Sound Gunnar Meidel, Roy Fenstad
Music Øyvind Staveland, Odin Aarvik Staveland
Main cast Julia Krohn (Selma)
Bernhard Naglestad (Andy)
Reidar Sørensen (Gaston)
Andrine Sæther (Annelise)
Ane Dahl Torp (Nora)
Kim Sørensen (Rikard)
Produced by Cato Bach Christensen
Access

the color of milk regTorun Lian

Born in 1956 in Jevnaker (Norway). She has written numerous plays and screenplays for stage, film and television and she also published several children’s books. In 1988 she made her debut as a writer. Some of her most appreciated books are “Frida” (1990) and “Frida - Straight From the Heart” (1991). These books were made into the film FRIDA awarded at the GFF 1992. In 1998 she made her debut as a feature film director with ONLY CLOUDS MOVE THE STARS (BARE SKYER BEVEGER STJERNENE), based on her own novel with the same title and screened at the GFF 1999. In 2000 Lian wrote the book “The Color of Milk”, from which the film with the same title is inspired. She also works as a consultant for the Norwegian Film Fund.

Director’s statement

“I’m a writer, and I want to write stories. If they prove to be of a high enough quality to be converted into films, I start over again. I ‘write’ them once more. As films. But while writing, I’m not conscious of the fact they may/should become films. THE COLOR OF MILK, by the way, started out as a short story, located in Italy in the 8th century A.D.”.

Production
Painswick Film AS
Thomas Heftyesgt 34, N-0264 Oslo - Norway
phone +47 22434524
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

World sales
Svensk Filmindustri
SE-169 86 Stockholm - Sweden
phone +46 86803500
fax +46 87104422
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.sfinternational.se

Festival contact
Norsk Filminstitutt
International Department
phone +47 22474500
fax +47 22474599

www.nfi.no