logo 2004

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2004 - 17.24 July

Sections & Films

NASTY BRATS

Category: Edition 2004

Synopsis

Twelve-year-old George is the new kid in the Apple Orchard housing complex. He and the other kids are terrorized by JB, the tyrannical superintendent. George starts out as an outsider, until he discovers he has a talent for leadership. In fact he will be the one to lead the attack on the abuses and strict rules imposed on them by JB. When the man moves to another complex the gang is on cloud nine but they have to face a new superintendent on whom they immediately are suspicious on. Then, surprise events bring them to contact the police and to find out that nothing is as it seems.

Original Title MØGUNGER
Category Official Competition
Section Kidz
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 82'
Production Year 2003
Nationality Denmark
Directed by Giacomo Campeotto
Screenplay Søren Danielsen
Script Søren Danielsen
Director of photography Dirk Brüel
Editor Thomas Krag
Production Design Søren Krag Sørensen
Costume Design Margrethe Rasmussen
Sound Niels Arild
Music Jan Rørdam
Main cast Adam Gilbert Jespersen (George)
Kirstine Rosenkrands (Lulu)
Jesper Christensen (JB)
Bjarne Henriksen (Hansen)
Kirsten Lehfeldt (Anna)
Christina Meyer (Maria)
Produced by Nina Crone
Access

nasty brats regGiacomo Campeotto

Born 1964, Denmark. Assistant director of TV drama series and TV entertainment since 1997. Director of stage drama since 1993. “The Little Rascals” is Campeotto’s feature film debut.

Director’s statement

“I wanted to make a film on the importance of believing in one’s self but also in trusting others. What a challenge in trying to bring to the screen a story that combines a serious drama about children, including a moving love story, with farce and an exciting mystery plot! By blending these elements I wanted my film to provide entertainment to children of all ages. I aimed to tell a story in a realistic way to show that children, our audience, can react to what they see on the screen in the same way they deal with their every day life: to activate them!”

Produzione
Distribuzione internazionale
Crone Film Produktion A/S
V/Nina Crone, Blomstervænget, 52, DK-2800, Lyngby - Denmark
phone +45 45872700
fax +45 45872705
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.cronefilm.dk

Festival contact
Danish Film Institute
55 Gothersgade
DK-1123 Copenhagen K - Denmark
phone +45 33743400
fax +45 33743401
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.dfi.dk