logo 2000

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2000 - 15.22 July

Sections & Films

MY NAME IS ...

Category: Edition 2000

Synopsis
"MY NAME IS" a short film made with the inmates of the former GREEN DEPARTMENT of the CENTRAL PENITENTIARY OF NAPLES - SECONDIGLIANO.

Original Title Mi chiamo…
Italian Title Mi chiamo…
Category Out of competition
Section Y Gen
Tipology Short Film
Duration 11'
Production Year 1999
Nationality Italy
Directed by Stefano Amatucci

regista stefano amatucciSTEFANO AMATUCCI

Stefano Amatucci is a multifaceted director who juggles with talent and professionalism between television, cinema and theater. Before his debut in 1998 in the TV direction of the soap Rai "A place in the sun", he worked long as assistant director, collaborating with Lina Wertmüller - on the set of "I hope that I will lead her" and "Saturday, Sunday and Monday "to name a few - then with Marco Tullio Giordana, D. Camerini, Giulio Base.
Still tied to "A place in the sun", he has directed many other tv series including "La squadra", "Agrodolce", "Un giorno per semper", the series "Stolen hearts" and "White coats", without ever neglecting the theater, where he directed the director of "If you have to tell a big lie" by R. Cooney with Mario Porfito and Patrizio Rispo, "Van Gogh" by L. Nattino, "For disgrace received" by M. Santanelli with Gea Martire, "Limbo cafè" by M. De Giovanni again with Mario Porfito and Gea Martire.
He also directed the short films "Mi chiamo", developed and produced in the prison of Secondigliano with the collaboration of the inmates, and "In a narrow space", winner of the Cortinametraggio public prize, the Cortina International Festival of Courts.