immagine gff 2022
logo 2018

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2018 - 20.28 july

Sections & Films

LOS BANDO

Category: Edition 2018

Synopsis
The two best friends, Grim and Axel, have ever since they were eight been dreaming about attending the annual Norwegian Championship of Rock. Together they have a band, Los Bando Immortale, but they lack a bass player, and Axel the vocalist and lead guitarist can’t sing. Grim hasn’t had the heart to tell him yet, but when they get accepted to the National Championship of Rock, he needs to find a solution – quickly. They hold an audition, but have no luck finding a suitable band member, so they have to let nine-year-old Thilda become their bass player – on cello. As their designated driver, they assign the local rally talent, Martin. What they don’t know is that he doesn’t have a driver’s license. They embark on a crazy journey across Norway. With the police and the parents chasing them, this will be a race against the clock to get to Tromsø in time for the event of their lifetime.

Original Title LOS BANDO
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 94'
Production Year 2018
Nationality Norway, Sweden
Directed by Christian Lo
Screenplay Arild Tryggestad
Director of photography Bjørn Ståle Brattberg
Editor Arild Tryggestad
Production Design Karin Myrenberg Faber
Costume Design Live Linberg
Music Eirik Myhr
Main cast Jonas Hoff Oftebro
Tage Hogness
Jacob Dyrud
Tiril Marie Høistad Berger
Nils Ole Oftebro
Frank Kjosås
Ingar Helge Gimle
Vera Vitalli
Hans-Erik Dyvik Husby
Ine Jansen
Stig Henrik Hoff
Zahid Ali
Produced by Nicholas Sando, Trine Andalen Lo

regista Christian LoCHRISTIAN LO
Born in 1977, Christian had his feature film debut RAFIKI (BESTEVENNER) selected for the Berlinale and for the Giffoni Film Festival in 2010. Previously Christian has directed four award winning short films for children; PUNCTURED (2001), IVER (2004), RAMP (2005) and BALUBA RUNA (2007). The last three selected for the Giffoni Film Festival. TOUGH GUYS (DE TØFFESTE GUTTA, 2013) is his second feature. Christian Lo studied film in England and now works for the Lillehammer-based production company Filmbin - the only Norwegian film production company dedicated entirely to children’s and youth films.

Director’s statement
My own adolescence consisted of music – I played in a rock band myself - and I´ve dreamt about making a movie about a band ever since.  With Los Bando I wanted to make a funny, thrilling and entertaining road movie - a story about music and friendship - and following your dreams.

production
Filmbin AS
(Norway)
www.filmbin.no

world sales
Sola Media GmbH
(Germany)
www.sola-media.com

festival contact
Norwegian Film Institute
(Norway)
www.nfi.no