immagine gff 2022

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Films

HAPPENING

Category: Edition 2022

France in 1963: a society that censures women's desires. And sex in general. This simple but cruel story follows the itinerary of a woman who decides to go against the law. Anne has only a little time before her. Her exams are just around the corner, and her baby bump is growing fast.

Original Title L'Evénément
Italian Title La scelta di Anne – L'Evénément
Category Out of competition
Section Parental Experience
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 100'
Production Year 2021
Nationality France
Directed by Audrey Diwan
Based on "L’Événement" by Annie Ernaux
Director of photography Laurent Tangy
Editor Géraldine Mangenot
Production Design Dièné Bérété
Costume Design Isabelle Pannetier
Sound Antoine Mercier
Make up Amélie Bouilly
Music Evgueni Galperine, Sacha Galperine
Main cast Anamaria Vartolomei, Kacey Mottet Klein, Luàna Bajrami, Louise Orry-Diquéro, Louise Chevillotte
Talent Manager Elodie Demey
Produced by Alice Girard, Edouard Weil

evenement REGAudrey Diwan

Audrey Diwan was born in 1980 in France. She is a writer and director, known for FRENCH CONNECTION (2014), THE MAN WITH THE IRON HEART (2017) and HAPPENING (2021), Gold Lion at Venice 78.

Director’s statement

“People asked me, why make this movie now, when abortion is legal in France? Because what happened in France is still unfortunately the case in many countries. And while I was making the film, I learned what was happening in Texas, where they were challenging Roe v Wade, and then people’s reactions changed completely. They started saying it was good to make this film now, that it was necessary.” (by an interview for The Guardian)

production
Rectangle Productions

international distribution
Wild Bunch International
(France/Francia)
www.wildbunch.eu

Italian distribution
festival contact
Europictures
(Italy/Italia)
www.europictures.it