immagine gff 2022

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Films

PAPA IS BIG, I AM SMALL

Category: Edition 2022

A little girl says goodbye to her beloved sailor father who is leaving for a long journey. Her childish imagination will brighten up the long wait.

Original Title Papa is big, I am small
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +3
Tipology Animation, Short Film
Duration 3’ 12’’
Production Year 2021
Nationality Italy
Directed by Anya Ru, Masha Rumyantseva
Illustrations Masha Rumyantseva
Music Maxim Popov

directors Anya and MashaAnya Ru

Animation director, graphic designer and handmade artist, Anya directed her first short film in 2010. In 2013 she started a professional graphic design career. Since 2015 she has been working with film festivals as designer and film distributor. She also worked in the animation industry, which led her to the direction of her first animated short film in 2021: PAPA IS BIG, I AM SMALL.

Masha Rumyantseva

Masha is an illustrator and animator. In her work, she uses both hand-drawn puppets and digital cut-out as well as frame-by-frame animation. She uses storytelling as a tool to create empathetic communication, aiming, through animation, to show the viewer the inner world of the characters. Being a multi-style artist allows her to choose the best way to communicate her ideas.

Festival contact
Anya Ru
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.