immagine gff 2022

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Films

LET ME HEAR IT BAREFOOT

Category: Edition 2022

The main character, Naomi, works for his father's waste collection company. He spends his days wishing that someday he could leave his parents' home. One day, Naomi meets Maki, a young man who lives with his blind mother-in-law, Midori. She always tells Maki about her travels in the world, but the truth is that she has never been abroad. When she gets seriously ill, Midori entrusts her dream of traveling the world to Maki. However, Maki is unable to travel abroad due to lack of funds, so he decides to create the "sounds" of places around the world with Naomi and send the recorded tapes to Midori. The two boys become intimate as they create various sounds together. However, Naomi and Maki are too clumsy to establish a real relationship. 

Original Title Hadashi De Narashite Misero
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +18
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 127'
Production Year 2021
Nationality Japan
Directed by Riho Kudo
Screenplay Riho Kudo
Director of photography Yasuyuki Sasaki
Editor Azusa Yamazaki
Sound Young Chang Hwang
Music Soma Fujii
Main cast Shion Sasaki, Shuri Suwa, Kaho Ito, Jun Fubuki, Masahiro Komoto
Produced by Mayumi Amano
Production PFF - Pia Film Festival (Japan)

Director KUDOrihoKudo Riho

Kudo Riho was born in 1995 in Fukuoka Prefecture. ORPHAN’S BLUES, her first feature film, was a graduation project at the Kyoto University of Art and Design's Department of Cinema. With this film, she won the Grand prize at the 40th Pia Film Festival 2018 and several awards at numerous film festivals in Japan, including the Nara International Film Festival.  LET ME HEAR IT BAREFOOT is her second feature film.

Director’s Statement

"Let Me Hear It Barefoot" is a film about love and the difficulties two young men face in searching for love through an imaginary trip worldwide. (They even "visit" the Grotta Azzurra in Italy!)

Production
Festival contact
PFF - Pia Film Festival (Japan)

www.pff.jp