immagine gff 2022

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Films

OTAR'S DEATH

Category: Edition 2022

Nika (16) accidentally hits an old man in a car accident. The victim's family promise to refrain from pressing charges against Nika if his mother Keti (36) compensate their loss in cash. Mother and son find themselves in a difficult situation: they have a day to raise a large amount of money to prevent Nika from being imprisoned. 

Original Title Otar's death
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +16
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 105'
Production Year 2021
Nationality Georgia, Germany, Lithuania
Directed by Ioseb ‘Soso’ Bliadze
Screenplay Ioseb ‘Soso’ Bliadze
Director of photography Dimitri Dito Dekanosidze
Editor Elmar Imanov
Production Design Bacho Makharadze
Costume Design Tea Gelashvili
Sound Julius Grigelionis
Make up Nanuka Lavrelashvili
Music Ioseb 'Soso' Bliadze, Domas Strupinskas
Main cast Nutsa Kukhianidze, Iva Kimeridze, Eka Chavleishvili, Archil Makalatia, Taki Mumladze, Vakho Chachanidze, Marlen Egutia, Nanka Kalatozishvili, Davit Roinishvili, The Policeman
Talent Manager Teko Chubinidze, Nino Dolidze
Produced by Eva Blondiau, Elmar Imanov
Production Maisis Peri (Georgia)

Ioseb Soso BliadzeIoseb "Soso" Bliadze

Born in Tbilisi, Georgia, 1986. He studied Informatics at Tbilisi State University and directing at Shota Rustaveli Theatre and at Georgian State University, Faculty of Film and TV. His first short was his degree film THE MOST PRECIOUS (2012), followed by a second short film, THREE STEPS (2017), which premiered in Rotterdam Film Festival, was shown in 20 festivals and received 10 awards. In 2020 his new short film, TRADITION, was selected for the Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival. In 2021 his first feature film, OTAR’S DEATH, premiered in Karlovy Vary International Film Festival and won a Fedora Award.

Director’s Statement

“OTAR’s DEATH is my debut feature film. For 8 years we were trying to get financing and finally we made a film about mothers and sons. Drama with humoristic moments. When I watch this film, I always have the need to hug my family members. That’s what I want the audience to feel.”

Production
Maisis Peri (Georgia)
www.monsoon-films.com

International distribution 
The Yellow Affair (Finland)
www.yellowaffair.com

Festival contact 
Soso Bliadze (Georgia)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.