GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

Films

THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY OF MARGOT & MARGUERITE

Category: Edition 2021

Marguerite and Margot are both twelve years old and are physically identical. Each has her family, friends, problems...and her time. Indeed, one of them lives in 1942 and the other in 2020. But that's without counting on a mysterious magic trunk which carries them into each other's time. Margot and Marguerite have something more in common: their fathers are no longer with them, one having disappeared in the Second World War and the other no longer living in the family home. 70 years apart, they are embarking on an adventure to find again their present, to reconnect to their fathers, explore History, but also the memory of their families.

Original Title L’Aventure des Marguerite
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +10
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 89'
Production Year 2020
Nationality France
Directed by Pierre Coré
Screenplay Pierre Coré, Stéphane Kazandjian
Director of photography Jean-Paul Agostini
Production Design Jean-Philippe Moreaux
Costume Design Marie-Laure Lasson
Sound Antoine Deflandre
Music Jérôme Rebotier
Main cast Lila Gueneau
Alice Pol
Marcel Clovis Cornillac
Nils Othenin-Girard
Grégori Derangère
Wladimir Yordanoff
Niseema
Paul Birchard
Anne Charrier
Geneviève Casile
Produced by Clément Miserez, Matthieu Warter, Ardavan Safaee, Pierre Coré, Michel Cortey, Christian Ronget, Franck Samuel
Production Radar Films (France)

Pierre CorePierre Coré

Born in 1969 in Paris, Pierre Coré is director, screenwriter and producer. He directed animated and live action movies. Since 2006 he has been directing the “La Station Animation” company based in Paris and Arles. THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY OF MARGOT & MARGUERITE is his most recent film.

Director’s statement
“It was my sister who let me know the comic [Le Temps de Marguerite n.d.t.]: ‘It's a poetic and very charming book, with many themes that may interest you’ she told me. Indeed, it is a comic book full of ideas, and a very clever layout with two parallel strips, one set in 1910, the other in 2010, each of which can be read independently. And this comic book responded to my desire to tell stories for children and families. The story was perfect: the heroes were children, the plot mixed the historical ages and evoked the relationships with parents and grandparents. Filming THE FANTASTIC JOURNEY OF MARGOT & MARGUERITE meant the pleasure of making a comedy where the viewer would be surprised by tone breaks and anachronisms, and of turning my heroines into little anthropologists immersed in the habits and customs of a time which is not theirs. It also gave me the opportunity to deal, between the lines, with themes dear to me such as memory and transmission, the status of women and especially the father figure. I’m interested in questioning the role of the father, fallible hero or pillar, his physical presence, his psycho-emotional contribution and behavior.”

Production
Radar Films (France)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

International distribution
festival contact
Orange Studio (France)
www.orange-studio.fr