GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

Films

EVERYONE HAS A SUMMER

Category: Edition 2021

Summer holidays. Rebellious Agata comes to a small town to work at a religious camp for teenagers and youngsters. 17-year-old Mirek bets he will seduce her, while his grandfather – who suffers from dementia – sees in her his long-gone lover. Mirek uses his grandfather to get closer to Agata. Agata represents the liberal millennial generation who confronts the old-fashioned, catholic, conservative values represented among others in her vegetarianism and quite open approach to sex. As Agata and Mirek explore their relationship, they uncover a carefully guarded family secret.

Original Title Każdy ma swoje lato
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +16
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 77'
Production Year 2020
Nationality Poland
Directed by Tomasz Jurkiewicz
Screenplay Tomasz Jurkiewicz, Piotr Janusz
Director of photography Weronika Bilska
Editor Aleksandra Gowin
Production Design Alicja Kazimierczak
Costume Design Sandra Kowalska
Sound Katarzyna Białas, Olga Kaniewska
Make up Paula Adryańczyk
Music Szymon Wysocki
Main cast Nicolas Przygoda
Sandra Drzymalska
Anita Poddębniak
Maciej Grzybowski
Tadeusz Łomnicki
Produced by Magdalena Sztorc, Przemysław Miękinia
Production Before My Eyes (Poland)

Tomasz Jurkiewicz 2019 5Tomasz Jurkiewicz

Born in 1981, Tomasz is a director and screenwriter. Graduated in film directing at Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School and Wajda School, he is the author of short films and documentaries which won more than 100 awards in many polish (Kraków, Gdynia, Koszalin) and international film festivals (Karlowe Wary, Seul).

Director’s statement
“The unwritten rule is that your first film should be about something that you know well. Hence, I placed my first feature in Trzebinia – a town near Cracow, where I grew up. Although this is not an autobiography, it does tell a story of the people that I know best and problems that I also had to face. My protagonists are ordinary – extraordinary people who live in a small town, who long for true strong feelings, being understood and meeting their soulmate and people who often forget that the world only gets better once we get better first.”

Production
festival contact
Before My Eyes (Poland)
www.beforemyeyes.pl