GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

Films

DREAMS ARE LIKE WILD TIGERS

Category: Edition 2021

Ranji (12) just moved from India to Berlin with his parents. His big dream: going back to India and becoming a Bollywood star. A casting call in Mumbai is the chance. But Ranji has to overcome a few hurdles to get there: Finding friends, shooting a video, traveling to Mumbai without his parents and - last but not least - believing in himself.

Original Title Träume Sind Wie Wilde Tiger
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +6
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 96'
Production Year 2021
Nationality Germany
Directed by Lars Motag
Screenplay Murmel Clausen, Lars Montag, Sathyan Ramesh, Ellen Schmidt
Director of photography Sonja Rom
Editor David J. Achilles
Production Design Andreas C. Schmid
Costume Design Nadine Kremeier
Sound Corinna Fleig
Music Johannes Repka
Main cast Shan Robitzky
Annlis Kirschke
Murali Perumal
Sushila Sara Mai
Irshad Panjatan
Simon Schwarz
Anne Ratte-Polle
Nina Petri
Herbert Knaup
Production Clemens Schaeffer, Alexander Thies

Lars Montag FotoLars Montag

Lars Montag was born in Bünde in 1971. From 1994 to 1998 he studied at the Academy of Media Arts in Cologne. During his studies made two short films, SOMMERLOCK and LENAS LAND, participating in several international festivals. Since 2001 he has directed numerous films for German television and in 2019 he directed HOW TO SELL DRUGS ONLINE (FAST) a Tv series produced by Netflix. DREAMS ARE LIKE WILD TIGERS is his latest work as a director.

Director's statement
“The dream theme is especially relevant for young people at the moment. No matter what you're good at, if you go on the Internet, you'll immediately find lots of people who can do it even better than you. It's very hard to believe in yourself, to believe in your talent. But the bottom line is that you have no choice. 
It's my job to believe in my dream - nobody does that for me, no matter how improbable the dream may be.[...] But one must not give up! 
The title of our film also appears in the screenplay: "Dreams are like wild tigers" Toni says to Ranji at one point in the film. Dreams are powerful, but also shy. And when you have tracked them down and come close to them, you also have to tame them. 
So it's not so easy with dreams. It's all in the story.[...] DREAMS ARE LIKE WILD TIGERS is emotional, entertaining and makes you insanely love to live. It is exactly this desire for life that I want to convey with this family entertainment film, across all ages. The film is imbued with a zest for life. From old and young.”

Production
festival contact
NFP Neue Film Produktion (Germany)
www.nfp.de