GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2019 - 19.27 July

GIFFONI50 - 18.29 AUGUST / 26-30 DECEMBER

GIFFONI50PLUS - 21.31 JULY 2021

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2022 - 21.30 July

Archivio Film 2019

WE ARE LITTLE ZOMBIES

Category: Edition 2019

Synopsis
One sunny day, four young teens meet by chance at a crematorium. Hikari, Ikuko, Ishi and Takemura have all lost their parents at the same time. Hikari’s were in a car crash whilst on holiday. Ikuko’s were murdered by a deranged stalker. Ishi’s were in a gas explosion. Takemura’s killed themselves to escape the hell of debt. But none of them could shed a tear. They were like zombies, devoid of all emotion. Alone in the world with no future, no dreams or even the energy to move forward, our protagonists dress themselves in scraps from a garbage dump, turn their favorite items from their empty homes into musical instruments, and decide to form a kick-ass band. They call themselves LITTLE ZOMBIES. This is a story about their quest to retrieve their ability to feel and what they discover at the end of it.

Original Title Wî â Ritoru Zonbîzu
Category Official Competition
Section Generator +13
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 120'
Production Year 2019
Nationality Japan
Directed by Makoto Nagahisa
Screenplay Akiko Onishi
Director of photography Hiroaki Takeda
Editor Maho Inamoto
Production Design Yukiko Kuribayashi
Costume Design Satsuki Shimoyama
Sound Katsuya Yamada
Music Lovespread
Main cast Keita Ninomiya
Satoshi Mizuno
Mondo Okumura
Sena Nakajima
Produced by Taihei Yamanishi, Shinichi Takahashi, Haruki Yokoyama, Haruhiko Hasegawa

regista Makoto NagahisaMAKOTO NAGAHISA
Born August 2, 1984 in Tokyo. Directed films and music videos while working at a major ad agency as a commercial planner. In 2017, Nagahisa wrote and directed the short film "And So We Put Goldfish in the Pool" and was the first Japanese to win the Short Film Grand Jury Prize at the 33rd Sundance Film Festival. This is his first full-length feature film.

Director's statement
"I staked everything I had cultivated in my life on WE ARE LITTLE ZOMBIES and now it is finally completed. The film is like a music festival I created featuring all my favorite actors, musicians and artists. It may be a bit hectic, but I hope it touches the heart of one person who is crouching in a dark room, alone. I, myself, cried several times at the preview screening. I can’t wait for everyone to see it".

production
Robot Communications Inc.
(Japan)
www.robot.co.jp

world sales
festival contact
Nikkatsu Corporation
(Japan)
intl.nikkatsu.com/