manifesto vert new
manifesto ing

GIFFONI FILM FESTIVAL 2019 - 19.27 July

GIFFONI50 - 18.29 AUGUST / 26-30 DECEMBER

Archivio Film 2019

MY EXTRAORDINARY SUMMER WITH TESS

Category: Edition 2019

Synopsis
Afraid of being left alone as the youngest of the family, Sam begins his own made up aloneness training during his holiday on the Dutch island Terschelling. But by meeting the elusive Tess, who carries a big secret, he is drawn into an adventure that makes him realize that you should cherish your family instead of fleeing. Sam makes a drastic decision that puts his special friendship with Tess at risk and will change Tess‘ life forever.

Original Title MIJN BIJZONDER RARE WEEK MET TESS
Category Official Competition
Section Elements +10
Tipology Feature Film
Duration 82'
Production Year 2019
Nationality Germany, Netherlands
Directed by Steven Wouterlood
Screenplay Laura van Dijk
Based on the book "Mijn Bijzonder Rare Week met Tess"
by Anna Woltz
Director of photography Sal Kroonenberg
Editor Christine Houbiers
Production Design Florian Legters
Costume Design Mimmi Mäenpää, Nicolas Olivier Richard
Music Franziska Henke
Main cast Sonny van Utteren
Josephine Arendsen
Tjebbo Gerritsma
Jennifer Hoffman
Julian Ras
Johannes Kienast
Hans Dagelet
Suzan Boogaerdt
Terences Schreurs
Produced by Piet-Harm Sterk

regista Steven WouterloodSTEVEN WOUTERLOOD
Steven was born in 1984 in Utrecht, The Netherlands. In 2013 he directed "Anything Goes", a children’s movie for television. The film won an International Emmy Kids Award in New York, a TIFF Kids Award in Toronto and multiple other awards and nominations around the world. In 2015 Steven directed the short movie "King's Day". This film also won several awards, including a TIFF Kids Award. His TV series "Remi, Nobody's Boy" (2016), based on the renowned novel by Hector Malot, was nominated for an Emmy Kids Award. "My Extraordinary Summer with Tess" is his first feature film.

Director's statement
"Everything still seemed so simple when I was young. However, the older I got, the more I discovered that the world was more complicated than I had originally thought. Gradually, as it happens to everybody sooner or later, I was confronted with the ‘more serious’ things in life. I came to discover that life is transitory and that even loving relationships that you think will last forever do not always stand the test of time. And that things sometimes turn out very differently from how you expected. When I was in my twenties, I lost my mother, which was another hard confirmation that nothing in life is certain. However, it also made me realize how resilient I actually am, and this drastic event led me to start living my life even more intensely".

production
Bind
(The Netherlands)
www.bindfilm.com

world sales
festival contact
Picture Tree International
(Germany)
www.picturetree-international.com